The Production Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the manufacturing teams production and distribution of quality telecommunication products from start to finish.
- Lead and supervise warehouse staff to ensure that all employees work to acceptable quality, productivity, and safety levels
- Maintain warehouse floor safety, quality, inventory, and finished goods that meet company standards
- Perform certain production jobs to ensure efficiency and to overcome temporary capacity issues
- Develop assembly line mechanisms and processes for production efficiency
- Create and maintain production support documents, providing regular updates to include inventory tracking, time control, key performance indicators, production reports, training procedures and records
- Effectively utilize Database Management software to maintain inventory levels/activity (Fishbowl/NetSuite)
- Instill high standards for a clean/neat work area and meet 5S standards
- Oversee the maintenance management program including equipment repair and preventative maintenance and housekeeping
- Institute at a minimum, quarterly cycle counting and post cycle count reconciliation
- Solicit the Engineering Department on product or process improvement oppourtnities
- Adhere to Company polices and safety regulations, and actively lead the effort to enforce safe work practices
- Promote a process of ongoing improvement to identify policies, processes, and procedures that contribute to improve the operations of the company
- Oversee and manage lean inventory levels as required throughout shop
- Promote high morale, teamwork, and a positive work environment
- Train new employees and provide continued training/coaching for all employees; assess training needs and effectiveness as needed or directed
- Be a liaison between the warehouse staff and Human Resources, providing annual evaluations and taking disciplinary actions as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- High competency in lean manufacturing 5S techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic mathematical aptitude
- Confidence in operation of production equipment
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- General computer and technical proficiency (Office 365, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Excel, Sharepoint, etc.)
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Related field (ex. Manufacturing Technology).
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in production/manufacturing required.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Prolonged periods of standing.
Ability to wear proper PPE as required.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Upon offer acceptance, individuals must successfully submit to a background check, drug testing and provide valid “right to work” documentation upon appointment. Rescue 42, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,500.00 – $88,124.20 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chico, CA 95973: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In personMinimum Education and Experience
Rescue 42, Inc., is an industry leader in the manufacturing and sales of rescue stabilization and telecommunications equipment used in disaster response. We are looking for a committed experienced Production Supervisor to join our team. Check out our products at www.rescue42.com and www.thepodrunner.com. Apply today if you're looking for a growing innovative company that makes products for helping others.