Growing Chico Company is seeking a highly motivated self-starter and team player, able to work independently AND be a support resource for management. The successful candidate will possess a blend of intangible skills and characteristics like strong personal integrity, resilience, and creativity, as well as a passion for customer service, excellence, attention to detail and be comfortable communication with staff, customers, and vendors in all modes, including in-person, telephone, and email. This position requires knowledge of current California and Federal employment laws with respect to employee hours, overtime liability and breaks due. Additionally, this position handles a variety of accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other similar tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to resolve problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Mastery of Mathematic symbols in all situations + – < % > X */ =
- Ability to type, use a computer and a ten key calculator.
- Demonstrated history of project management skills.
- Ability to focus and multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Maintain good attendance, punctuality, dependability, and flexibility.
- Organize, prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Prioritize multiple assignments and work well under pressure.
- Work well with vendors, subcontractors, and agencies.
- Prepare journal entries to record payroll and related expenses
- Collect, compile and input payroll data.
- Process new hires, terminations and promotions based on information provided by HR.
- Manage accurate coding of payroll expense over multiple cost centers.
- Educate and train staff on recording time on division timecards.
- Calculation and processing of Manual Checks as necessary.
- Audit & reconcile timecards to ensure accuracy of data, including PTO, overtime, and breaks.
- Process quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Complete year-end processing and issue W2’s timely and accurately.
- Cash, investment, payroll withholding and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review payroll registers and manage payroll liabilities.
- Enter data into Quickbooks Payroll and Accounts Payable modules.
- Distribute, track, collect and process all new hire documents including federal & state mandated forms and company policy acknowledgements.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in pay.
- Distribution of payroll checks and reports.
- Accurately collect, process and audit employee manual timesheets, time off request form, and status change forms for distribution of weekly wages and benefits.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with coworkers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google domain products.
- Commitment to the mission of the culture of the company.
- Must have a CA driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law.
- Ensure accuracy in deduction amounts, including garnishments and withholding orders.
- Timely completion of employment verifications and requests for employee information from government agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.