Tehama County Department of Social Services
Salary: $33.78 – $41.16/hr | $2,702.40 – $3,292.80 Biweekly
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021
The department is currently recruiting for one (1) vacancy.
About the Position:
The Program Manager for the Eligibility Branch serves as part of the Tehama County Department of Social Services Administration Team and is responsible for initiating, organizing, directing and coordinating the design, development, and implementation of multiple services for both the Corning and Red Bluff office. The services include: MediCal; CalFresh; General Assistance, Quality Assurance, InterCounty Transfers; Training. This position will need to solidify and support the changes made in the branch and plan for the major changes coming in the future. The ideal candidate should have a sound understanding of Eligibility Programs within a Social Services Department and be articulate, patient and goal oriented; a team builder who develops effective teams; a motivator, mentor and leader; enjoys working with community partners; genuinely cares about clients and low income families and individuals; makes sound decisions through a participatory process and is comfortable managing budgets and contracts as well as inspiring staff.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Implementing a new state system.
- Program issues, benefits, and waivers related to COVID regulations.
- Low workforce.
- Contribute to a creative, proactive, and progressive Administrative Leadership Team that is committed to working collegially to maximize resources and client services throughout the Department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
This position has primary responsibility for the management of the Eligibility Branch.
Typical duties include:
- Daily management of Eligibility Branch through the 7 Eligibility Supervisors
- Selects, trains, evaluates, and disciplines subordinate staff
- Serves as a resource for interpretation of Federal and State laws
- Liaison with Community Based Organizations, Schools, and Community Partners
- Assists in the development of programs, policies, and procedures; reviews and assures proper procedures are in place and followed
- Participation at regional and state level meetings
- Active participant in the Administrative Leadership Team, consisting of 5 Program Managers, 3 Deputy Directors and the Department Head
- Oversight of related contracts and budgets
- Performs analysis and prepares detailed written reports of findings pertaining to the quality and efficiency of services provided within the assigned program
- Provides professional and technical consultation on complex program matters
- Enters and retrieves information from an automated computer system
- Speaks and writes effectively in a professional manner
- Enlists the cooperation of and work effectively with community organizations and government agencies
About the Department:
The Tehama County Department of Social Services has 214 staff members, and is the largest department in the County with a budget of over $40 million dollars. The department includes Child Protective Services, CalWORKs Plus, Adult Services (IHSS and APS), Eligibility, Community Action and Administration. It has one main office in Red Bluff and a satellite office in Corning.
The Department works in close partnership with many community-based organizations, other county departments, schools, and agencies. As a rural county, it serves clients from the valley floor to the mountains, and focuses on good customer service as embodied in its mission statement –“Partnering with Our Community to Assist, Empower, and Protect.”
Education & Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
In addition to the education and experience requirements specified in the Merit Systems/Cooperative Personnel Services classification specification, Tehama County requires:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
How to Apply:
This is a State Merit System Services (MSS) classification. Please go to www.mss.ca.gov or jobs.tehama.us to view the actual job classification and to apply for this position.
For Questions about this Recruitment Contact:
530-528-4060 | email@example.com