Job Title: Program Specialist I
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under general supervision, plans, develops and implements program eligibility functions; may perform a wide variety of complex eligibility criteria for applicants seeking program assistance and completes process for efficient data entry into state web-based computer systems or an Agency database. May conduct outreach, marketing and give educational presentations; makes appropriate referrals, completes reports and compiles statistical data to Agency staff and funding sources, and other duties as assigned. The Program Specialist I’s duties will be relative to the work performed in the program and/or department to which assigned. This is a non-exempt status position.
Examples of Important and Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinates energy program eligibility activities for distribution of funds throughout the period of the contract year(s).
- Interviews, determines and establishes client eligibility and priority utilizing approved criteria in order to ascertain benefit and benefit level for each applicant.
- Completes intake documents and evaluate client’s eligibility to receive program services consistent with established guidelines.
- Analyzes financial and eligibility information from applicants, and explains regulations, rules, and policies for benefit level payments.
- Responsible for accurate statistical data entry for web-based data reporting systems.
- Processes benefit applications and updates computerized information systems.
- Coordinates activities inter-agency and with other various benefit agencies.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public and other staff.
- Coordinates, participates and provides marketing outreach, and provides a variety of information about department and agency programs.
- Operates various office equipment, including but not limited to: computer, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, etc.
- Performs mathematical computations of average difficulty and clerical work, including data input, typing, and filing
- Generates reports and maintains data bases.
- Works on special projects.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships.
- Provides vacation and backup support as needed.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as assigned.
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a related area and/or clerical support work experience.
- Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Motor Vehicle Record Check
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 16.67 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Retirement/Pension, Other
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: http://www.buttecaa.com/employment
How to Apply: Would you like to become a part of our team?!?! Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible. Please visit our website at www.buttecaa.com/careers to complete the required Agency application.
CAABCI Energy & Environmental Services Department 2640 S. Fifth Avenue