Mains’l is seeking a dynamic College Support Professional to provide collegiate, social, vocational, and independent living skills support to adults with developmental disabilities enrolled in our college program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 /hour
Location: Redding & Red Bluff Area
The primary duties of the job would be to:
- Support for helping students navigate the Shasta College campus and becoming familiar with different departments and services
- Support for breaking down homework assignments into clear steps and helping students stay organized
- Assist students in finding appropriate tutors
- Help students learn how to live independently
- Support the students with utilizing community resources
- Must have own vehicle with valid driver license and current auto insurance
The perfect person for this amazing opportunity would have:
- Ability to work with limited to no supervision
- Ability to navigate college campus and utilize student resources like financial aid, tutoring, academic counseling, etc.
- Experience working with college students and/or people who have disabilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and be professional in a variety of settings
- Ability to help plan program events and activities
- Ability to plan and present a workshop or activity
- Ability to make decisions for the good of the students, program, and fellow team members.
The type of person who would love this job would be:
- Someone who is flexible and adaptable to change
- Positive with a great attitude
- Able to have fun and have a good sense of humor
- Patient and empathetic with good listening skills
- Honest and level-headed
- Someone who actively engages in positive social interactions
- Respectful, team oriented and have an open mind and accepting of constructive criticism
The average schedule is Monday through Friday with hours depending on the College Plus students’ class schedules. Times vary from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. There are monthly evening and potential weekend social activities that will adjust the normal weekly schedule.
Full benefits offered to qualifying Full-time employees including Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Time, Health, Dental, Life, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Funeral Leave, 2 Weeks Paid Jury Leave, Education Assistance, and other additional benefits.
If this position sounds like something you would love, reply to this posting with your resume. More information about our amazing company can be found on www.mainsl.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
Mains’l has guidelines in place to protect both our employees and the people we support.Minimum Education and Experience