Project Liaison (SERRF After School Program) 2020/2021 School Year
SALARY: Starting Salary: $14.00 per hour
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 4 hours per day (2:00-600pm Monday – Friday (Applicants that cannot work days & hours as indicated will not be considered); School Calendar (No use of vacation day when school is in session)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time
DEFINITION: Under general supervision of the Site Facilitator, this position performs a variety of instructional and recreational activities for children enrolled in the SERRF Expanded Learning program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES: Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks, which may be found in positions within this classification.
School Site Implementation:
- Follow accepted principles, practices, rules, and regulations of the school site.
- Assist in the integration of services. Assist in informing parents of activities and contacting parents regarding issues with children.
Supervision of Children:
- Provide management of child behavior through the use of positive strategies and techniques.
- Provide necessary supervision in such activities as field trips, academic activities, recreation activities, safety drills, rest time, playground, snack service, and arrival and departure of children.
- Administer routine first aid and requests assistance for non-routine injury or illness.
- Provide information to the site facilitator for parent teacher conferences and communication.
- Assist children to grow and develop to their fullest potential: ability to link parents with their child’s education.
- Communicate with parents.
- Coordinate with the Recreation Specialist with the facilitation of recreation activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the recreation plan and offer recommendations when appropriate.
- Adapt recreation activities to meet the needs of individual children.
- Assist volunteers regarding the recreational plan.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of all recreational supplies.
- Attend recreation in-service training and conferences as approved by the program administrator.
- Tutoring/Remediation and Instruction:
- Assist with the presentation of learning materials, instruction, and assessment, and prevention exercises for participants the expanded learning program.
- Tutor individual children and small groups of children during expanded learning hours to reinforce and support learning activities delivered during regular school classroom time.
- Monitor and assist children in drills, practices, and study activities as a follow-up to regular classroom curriculum.
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of instructional materials and learning aids for use with individual or small groups of children.
- May participate in confidential child progress report activities or conferences.
- Assist in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and positive learning environment Assist children in computer applications of classroom curriculum and publication of expanded learning newsletter.
- Attend in-service training and conferences as approved by the program administrator.
- Drive occasionally for department business (optional).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying.
- A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Up to 48 units of post-secondary education units or a passing score on a qualifying para-educator exam (formerly NCLB compliance).
- Associate Degree in related field can be substituted for above.
- Training or coursework in child growth and development, instructional technology, or a closely related field.
- One year of paid or volunteer experience working with children of various age levels requiring a specialized learning environment.
- KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Appropriate language usage. Punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Basic mathematic concepts.
- Basic concepts of child growth and development, and developmental behavior characteristics.
- Child behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Basic computer applications and software, including word processing.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and conduct a comprehensive academic and recreational program.
- Read and understand instructions, teaching manuals and/or guides.
- Supervise children successfully.
- Follow instructions with a minimum of direction.
- Work independently and make decisions within the framework of established guidelines.
- Work without immediate supervision in direct, one-on-one and small group tutoring.
- Adapt to individual needs of teachers and children and work with interruptions.
- Work with children and staff.
- Accept, understand, and relate to children who have behavioral, coordination, or learning concerns.
- Be trained willingly in the use of specific instructional software and technology devices.
- Manage multiple tasks.
- Adapt to changes in routine and children’s needs as they arise.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve running, walking, or standing for some of the time.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate equipment, and work with various materials and objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT. Salary and work year to be established by County Superintendent.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1362645Minimum Education and Experience