Shasta County, CA
Reports to: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Temporary – Part-time (up to 20 hour per week)
Effective Date: April 2020 to June 30 2022
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Promotor Comunitario will conduct outreach, education, and enrollment for the Medi-Cal Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and organized outreach, education, enrollment in and navigation into the Medi-Cal program in English and Spanish
- Identify and secure potential sites and groups to provide information about the Medi-Cal program.
- Interview people of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, gather information, collect data, and evaluate information for accuracy and consistency; report data utilizing a Salesforce data base.
- Participate in the training provided by Visión y Compromiso.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records and files on all outreach and education activities conducted, including any documentation applicable regarding the requirements for eligibility and compliance with the activities
- Maintain consistent and constant communication with the Program Manager regarding all pertinent Medi-Cal activities assigned.
- Attend all scheduled meetings with the project team, as needed.
- Adhere to HIPAA guideline.
- Advocate for patients and community participants’ rights, health, and well-being; encourage participants to advocate for their own health.
- Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be able to get certify by CCHI by passing navigator test upon receiving a training.
Be able to utilize electronic portals, such as Salesforce or similar.
Proficiency in the use of computer and software