Triple ‘R’ Gas
Red Bluff, CA
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with some over time and weekends
Wage: $16.00 – $20 per hour DOE
Benefits: Medical, Retirement, and Paid Vacation
Job Description: Professionally represent the company in the field with optimum customer service orientation. Primary responsibility is to serve the customer by delivering propane in a safe and efficient manner, drive with the utmost safety, and care for delivery truck in a responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of LPG in a safe and efficient manner to the customer scheduled for that period. Deliveries shall be maintained so that customers will not run out of fuel. All delivers shall be in accordance with Company credit policies.
- Visually inspect all ASME storage tank installations to be sure that they are safe and that there are no code violations prior to pumping product. Insure that all valves are properly secured after pumping product. Report any defective or sub-standard equipment to the Manager immediately.
- Insure that the delivery truck is properly equipped for deliveries and perform a pre-trip inspection prior to leaving yard. Report any defective or sub-standard equipment to the Manager immediately.
- Respond to gas odor, out of gas and poor pressure calls. Perform pressure safety checks and reestablish service.
- Collection of accounts receivable from customers served whenever possible and when required to do so by the retail office staff. Disconnect and lock-off tanks due to lack of payment or move outs.
- Reconciles cash from the day’s receipts and prepares the batch for the Office Manager.
- Minor vehicle maintenance such as installing bulbs in marker lights, checking and adding fluids, adjusting brakes, etc.
- Drivers shall accurately complete and maintain all records and paperwork as required by Company policy and by the Manager.
- Drivers shall at all times observe all safety policies and regulations as required by the company and by law and shall never make a delivery in an unsafe manner or into an unsafe installation.
- Drivers shall at all times maintain a neat and presentable appearance and shall treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
- Shall become job certified under Triple “R” Gas Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IPP) before performing job independently.
- Perform other activities as assigned by the Manager during off seasons such as helping set tanks, paint tanks, purge tanks, read meters and other similar duties.
- Shall become proficient in company customer service philosophy and insure all job activities are performed accordingly.
- Keep company truck clean (wash truck every other week), organized, stock with all necessary paperwork, filled with gas, water, oil, brake fluid, etc.
- Insure all truck inspections are complete including but not limited to daily inspection, monthly, quarterly and annual Tanker Test and Inspection Report.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Drive and deliver in all types of weather conditions. Install chains on truck as needed.
- When on call, must be available 24 hours a day.
- Maintains Commercial Class A or B Driver’s License in good status.
- Account for Inventory and delivery tickets.
- Meet established performance standards.
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Able to pass an Annual Physical
- CTEP Training
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience and Skill Set:
- Commercial Class A or B driver’s license with Hazardous Material, Tank Vehicle Endorsements and Air Brake Certification required.
- Clean DMV record.
- Prefer prior LPG delivery experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Mechanical ability required.
- Able to work and drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Able to use basic mathematical skills.
- Able to keep accurate and complete records.
- Neat appearance
- Must be detail-oriented.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To Apply: Submit a completed standard application with resume, DMV Report and required Hazmat, Tanker and Brake Endorsements to a Job Training Center Staff person and ask for a prescreen interview.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 4/19/21 sd A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.Minimum Education and Experience