Tehama County Health Service Agency
Behavioral Health Center
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Testing dates: March 31, 2023 – April 3, 2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative interview date: April 11, 2023 3:00pm – 5:00pm
IMPORTANT: In compliance with the California State Health Officer’s order, this position requires employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination that meets current CA. Dept. of Public Health vaccine requirements by the apt. date.
Psychiatric Aide II:
$15.94 – $19.37 Hourly / $1,275.20 – $1,549.60 Bi-Weekly
Bilingual Incentive pay is 7.5% above the Psychiatric Aide II salary.
New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
ABOUT THE DIVISION:
The Tehama County Health Services Agency Behavioral Health Center is committed to promoting and enhancing mental health by increasing community awareness, encouraging early screening and intervention and reducing stigma associated with mental illness.
The Psychiatric Aide position with the Tehama County Health Services Agency is vital to the success of our Community Crisis Response Unit as well as our Behavioral Health Center. Essential duties within the agency are performed on varying shift schedules including nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This position is an excellent way to begin the journey for a career in behavioral health.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists assigned nursing personnel by performing non-professional nursing care of mentally and emotionally disturbed clients;
- Receives, evaluates, and documents crisis telephone calls determines need for lawenforcement intervention;
- Makes referrals to County and private services as appropriate;
- Receives and orients clients to crisis unit.
- Routine patient care and simple psychiatric nursing procedures;
- Procedures and techniques of physical restraint;
- Behaviors of mentally and emotionally disturbed persons;
- Daily hygiene of patients.
- Following, in exact detail, oral and written instructions of a technical nature
- Understanding and interpreting state laws governing the involuntary treatment of patients
- Maintaining accurate and complete records with confidentiality
Bilingual Candidates: Translates, interprets and otherwise communicates with members of the Spanish speaking community.
Education, Experience & Licenses
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a health or social services field, preferably with individuals with mental health disorders.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, a national provider identifier (NPI).
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify
To Apply online, visit www.governmentjobs.com and search for the job title.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Psychiatric Aide II or Bilingual Psychiatric Aide II, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Tehama County Health Services Agency
530-528-3204 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
About Tehama County Department of Health Service Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.