Tehama County IHSS Public Authority
I: $14.07 -$15.51 Hourly / $1,125.60 – $1,240.80 Bi-Weekly
II: $14.07 – $16.32 Hourly / $1,125.60 – $1,305.60 Bi-Weekly
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2021 at 5 PM
NATURE OF WORK:
The primary function of an Office Assistant is to provide a variety of general clerical support activities, which may include word processing, data entry and organization, receipt of payments, telephone and counter reception, record keeping, report preparation, and filing. This position provides information and assistance to the general public. This is an unrepresented, at-will position that is employed by the Tehama County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority.
The ideal candidate is reliable, provides courteous, respectful, and professional customer service, and has the ability to analyze situations involving rules and regulations and demonstrate good judgment when making decisions; communicates effectively orally and in writing; interacts with individuals from various educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds; works cooperatively as part of a team and with community partners and other Counties’ agencies; listens attentively and understands oral information provided; prioritizes, plans and organizes one’s own work.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining office and other related supplies
- Performs a wide variety of clerical work including maintaining accurate and detailed records, verifying accuracy of information, researching discrepancies, and recording information based on established regulations and procedures
- Verifies and reviews forms and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures
- Prepares, copies, and distributes a variety of documents, including agendas, bid packages, internal reports, contracts, vouchers, educational materials, and specifications ensures proper filing of copies in departmental or central files
- Screens calls, visitors, and mail responds to complaints and requests for information assists in explaining and applying regulations, policies, procedures, systems, rules, and precedents in response to inquiries and complaints from public assists in scheduling and set-up of appointments obtains information from the public provides referrals to the general public directs callers to appropriate County staff as necessary
- Controversial Issues: As an Office Assistant, you may encounter customers who are emotionally charged; customers that have substance dependence, mental health, trauma or domestic violence history. You may be assisting customers whose values may conflict with your own values. An Office Assistant must be able to accept customers’ differences and interact with them in a non-judgmental manner.
- For a full job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama/classspecs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Public Authority Office Assistant I/II: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
- Public Authority Office Assistant I: No experience required
- Public Authority Office Assistant II: One (1) year of office support experience involving customer service and contact with the public or higher level coursework in office or business practices. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-528-4095 | RBarram@tcdss.com