Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Testing Date: 3/18/2024 – 3/20/2024. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative Interview Date: 1st & 2nd, Friday, 3/22/2024 from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Public Health Nurse I:
$36.00- $43.75 Hourly / $2,880.00- $3,500.00 Bi-Weekly
Public Health Nurse II:
$39.73 – $48.30 Hourly / $3,178.40- $3,864.00 Bi-Weekly
Bilingual Incentive Pay is +7.5% Above the Public Health Nurse I/II base salary.
New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity to support our community and make a difference in the lives of the citizens of Tehama County? The Health Services Agency is hiring one new support staff team member for our Health Services Team!
Under general supervision, the Public Health Nurse I/II provides nursing services essential to the prevention of disease and disability, health promotion and maintenance and restoration of personal health. They provide prevention oriented nursing expertise in assigned program areas focused on population based policy development and education to groups and individuals in the community.
Examples of Duties
- Interprets public health laws and regulations to individuals, agencies and the general public.
- Provides program specific medical consultation and technical assistance to other health care providers regarding the appropriate delivery of services.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete case documentation; prepares reports as required; gathers, compiles and synthesizes data.
- Conducts individual and family health assessments to determine the nature and extent of nursing services required. Obtains health histories, conducts interviews and makes observations of physical conditions, psycho-social status, cultural backgrounds and environmental influences on health; performs physical assessments to identify health abnormalities.
- Bilingual Candidates: Translate, interpret and otherwise communicate with members of the Spanish speaking community.
- Exercising independent judgment in the planning, organization and provision of community nursing services;
- Investigating outbreaks of communicable disease; planning and implementing programs for the prevention and control of communicable disease.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- PHN I: No experience required.
- PHN II: One (1) year of experience in a public or community health setting.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Bilingual Candidates:
- Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid license to practice as a registered nurse and a valid public health nursing certificate issued by the State of California.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active licensure.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, a national provider identifier (NPI).
PHN I: Applicants who have recently graduated from a Baccalaureate Nursing program, and have not taken the NCLEX-RN may apply using a California Board of Registered Nurses (BRN) interim permit (IP). The IP will also serve until they receive their Public Health Certificate. The interim permit is not renewable and is in effect to the expiration date (6 months after issuance) or until the results of the examination are mailed, at which time it becomes null and void. Continued employment is dependent on receiving a passing score on the NCLEX-RN.
To Apply: Visit, www.governmentjobs.com and search for this job title to apply online.
The department is currently recruiting for multiple vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Public Health Nurse I/II or Registered Nurse I/II (see separate recruitment), as well as subsequent vacancies, which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 x3830 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net