Job Title: Public Safety Dispatcher I
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under supervision, to receive training and to operate public safety dispatching equipment; to perform assigned clerical work relating to public safety records and operations; and to perform related work as required.
- Receive and prioritize incoming emergency calls from the public requesting police, fire or other emergency assistance;*
- Determine nature and location of emergency, determine priorities, and dispatch via computer-aided dispatch system police, fire, medical, or other emergency services as necessary and in accordance with established procedures;*
- Maintain contact with all units on assignment;*
- Maintain status and location of police and fire units;*
- Answer non-emergency calls for assistance;
- Call out City maintenance workers for maintenance emergencies;
- Enter, update, and retrieve information from a variety of computer systems;*
- Receive requests for information from computer systems and provide pertinent data;
- Monitor several complex public safety radio frequencies;*
- Operate a variety of communications equipment including computerized radio consoles, telephones, and computer equipment;*
- Process a wide variety of public safety records, files, logs, reports, and forms;*
- Operate office equipment;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience/Education: High school graduation or equivalent supplemented by one year of experience in clerical or public safety dispatching.
Additional Requirement: Possession of a valid California Driver License.
Experience/Education: Experience in dealing with difficult or distressed individuals is desirable.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 17.80 Hour Maximum Salary: 24.54 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
CITY OF CHICO
411 Main Street
Chico, CA 95928