Laurel – Ag & Water
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Healthcare, Retirement
At Laurel Ag & Water, we know what it takes to help our growers thrive: precision design and construction or irrigation systems – and a great team to make it happen. Being a part of Laurel means being a key player on a team that is obsessed with winning over customers with the best solutions and service.
In fact, these wins are driving us to grow our team quickly and find people equally motivated, energetic, and forward-thinking to take us to the next level. Our business focuses on providing the best irrigation and water management solutions to growers and having fun while we are at it. In a recent survey, an overwhelming majority of our employees said that they love the culture and values at Laurel Ag & Water.
Come find out why.
WHO WE ARE
A fast-paced, fun, and energetic team; a group of people engaged with customers and motivated to provide the best service and product in the marketplace; experienced mentors who encourage one another and welcome new members to the Laurel team; individuals that play to win and judge their own success on that of the customer; fun-havers.
WHO YOU ARE
Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn; guided by a strong set of moral principles; team-player that helps inspire their colleagues to achieve more; a critical thinker who can identify and overcome barriers before they happen; conditioned to endure the busy seasons in our industry; clear communicator with a collaborative mindset; oh yeah, and someone with a sense of humor.
The Pump Rig Operator’s primary responsibility is utilizing a Pulstar 100 rig to pull and set standard and deep-set irrigation pumps.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Pump tear down and inspection.
- Repair or replacement of failed parts.
- Diagnosis of equipment failures.
- Maintain a clean workspace and warehouse
- Knowledge of hand, power, and air operated tools.
- Cleaning, assembly, & painting of new and refurbished pumps and equipment.
- Perform responsibilities with little to no supervision and/or assistance when required.
- Accurate communication both written and verbal.
- Operate 3 ton to 6 ton pump rig safely.
- Operate Pulstart P100.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
- Mechanical knowledge of pumps, motors, couplings, and seals.
- Understanding a variety of pumps including but not limited to: Pulstar P100, Centrifugal, Turbines, Split Cases, Submersibles.
- Welding and fabricating.
- Basic electrical knowledge of single phase and three phase systems;
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments;
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and follow safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and able to act in a self-directed manner without immediate supervision.
- Class A Driver’s License
- Responsible for the proper upkeep and organization for all the assigned vehicles and equipment to this function.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles.
- Maintain inventory levels and tracking procedures.
- Perform weekly maintenance inspection and address issues immediately.
- Communicate all incidents to Service Department Manager.
Measures of Performance:
- Work to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Complete all Work/Service Orders minimizing those “In Process”.
- Maintain open lines of communication with customers to minimize calls from the Customers inquiring to a Work Order’s status.
- All required paperwork is complete and accurate, following each step of every job such as timecards, Addition and Change Orders, Requisitions, Invoices, Purchase Orders, and any other required documents. Documentation is to include pictures of the job from time of arrival to time of departure.
- Maintain a positive work attitude and ability to work with others.
- Meets or exceeds Company standards in all areas of performance.
Perks – Bells & Whistles
- We offer rich health insurance options and cover employee level coverage at 100%.
- Competitive Dental, Vision, and Life insurance packages.
- Paid Time off – Annual accrual starts at 128 hours a year and we provide 7 paid holidays!
- 401k Retirement Package – We Match! 100% on employee’s first 3% and 50% on the following 2% of employee contributions.
- Company paid cell phone and Technology provided.
*Includes climbing ladders, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, and routinely lifting heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds. Must be willing to work inside and outside as required.
If you like to play alongside a winning team, find satisfaction working in water and agriculture, and want to make a difference with the job you have, pick up the call to join the Lauren Ag & Water team!
Please email resume to email@example.com or visit our Corning Location at 2920 Highway 99W, Corning, CA 96021