JOB TITLE: Purchasing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: Rolling Hills Clinic (RHC)
705 East Street, Corning, CA 96021
STATUS: Full-time, 100% FTE, Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Purchasing Coordinator will be responsible for learning purchasing policies and procedures, and
maintaining supply inventory levels required for effective operations. Understand clinic needs based on
stock, inventory, projects and plans as well as the understanding of general sales and market trends
according to the healthcare industry. The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the development of
successful relationships with suppliers, distributors and manufacturers while ensuring that the required
products are always in stock.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors.
2. Review purchasing agreements with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors.
3. Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers.
4. Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company.
5. Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies.
6. Process purchase orders via electronic purchase order system for inventory and non-inventory purchases.
7. Ability to negotiate new contracts with existing and new vendors and suppliers.
8. Coordinate Accounts payable entry for all inventories recording from invoices.
9. Utilize inventory systems to maintain lists of vendors, min quantities, max quantities, and generate purchasing requirements lists.
10. Provide periodic inventories and record shrinkage.
11. Receive and distribute incoming orders.
12. Processing transfer entries for distribution of centralized inventories to include office, medical and/or cleaning supplies.
13. Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
14. Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
15. Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
16. Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
3. At least three years of procurement of materials acquisitions, finance and accounting experience or a combination of education and/or experience.
4. Must have knowledge of using requisition and inventory software.
5. Understanding of OMB2 Federal Procurement standards preferred.
6. Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
7. Must be able to work well with others or alone, under minimal supervision.
8. Must be able to work well under pressure and strict deadlines.
9. Strong computer experience required. 10-key by touch. Typing ability of 50 wpm.
10. Negotiating skills a plus.
11. Demonstrate clear knowledge of Rolling Hills Clinic structure, standards, procedures and protocols.
12. Must have ability to relate and communicate effectively with community interest groups, agencies, and medical facilities that serve the American Indian Community.
13. Must have a Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal liability automobile insurance as required by California state law.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please be advised a post job offer, pre-employment Drug Testing, Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, you will be required to obtain a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance as a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Rolling Hills Clinic is voluntarily entered into. All RHC personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by RHC. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Rolling Hills Clinic and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.Minimum Education and Experience