This Key Company Manager will provide the food safety and quality framework of the company.
The Manager will own the Food Safety and Quality Systems Policies and work with the leadership team to implement and improve these programs. This encompasses people: Assure that the company has the appropriate staffing and training to assure all company, regulatory and customer requirements are appropriately achieved. This includes the hiring, assessing, and developing of technical associates. Training includes immediate staff and all staff in the elements and importance of quality and food safety.
Interaction with Company Leadership Team, Plant Quality Team, Plant Manufacturing Team, governmental regulatory agencies, outside auditors, suppliers, and/or consultants.
Programs, Projects, & Responsibilities: Ownership and Improvements for the Quality and Foods Safety Programs.
- Lead the Development, review, and revisions of the Food Safety Plan (HACCP and preventive controls).
- Lead and develop the Quality Assurance Plan for multiple product lines. This includes maintaining, supervising a lab, and providing surveillance and documentation for the quality and food safety requirements of the products and processing lines. Will lead and/or champion efforts to improve quality and food safety.
- Develop, review, and maintain a required specification system for ingredients, formulas, packaging, and processing that highlights critical-to-food safety and quality requirements.
Audits, Metrics, Certifications: Maintaining or Improvements to Compliance Standard
- Assure (with the leadership team) that company is audit ready.
- Develop meaningful metrics for assessing quality that leads to quality and food safety improvements.
- Monitor consumer and customer feedback (Identify issues and trends and lead timely corrective action and feedback).
- Administer compliance with Registered Processes (State of California or Federal)
- Review, revise, or develop the documentation systems for handling a food quality or food safety issue. (Supplier records, manufacturing records, tracing, etc.).
- Coordination of the recall team and prime move during a crisis recall effort (including training and readiness). Assure the documentation and staff are ready for a crisis.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities (Competencies):
- Abilities to organize, lead, and coach effective teams
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Judgement; Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Timely Decision Making
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Business Acumen
- 4-year technical degree with track record of identifying and resolving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills (strong communication, demonstrated leadership skills) – 4 to 7 years of leading/managing peers, direct supervised staff or in-direct staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional partners to identity, mediate improve and/or resolve (process issues, problems) while achieving company goals
- Technical certifications: HACCP, SQF Practitioner
- Sensory Abilities: to evaluate product for organoleptic requirements (acute abilities to see-including color and vision-hear, taste, smell, and feel).
- Physical Abilities: for sampling or inspecting; must be able to climb ladders, reach into equipment (locked out), stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Safe Quality Food Certification (Preferred)
- HACCP Certification (Preferred)
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Mooney QA Manager” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience