Tehama County Health Services Agency
Division: Mental Health
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Salary: $42.79 – $52.01 Hourly | $3,423.20 – $4,160.80 Biweekly
Testing dates: June 9, 2023 – June 12, 2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative interview dates:
1st interviews: June 22, 2023 from 10:00 – Noon
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
This position is responsible for managing quality assurance programs within the Health Services Agency to meet state, federal, and local regulations. The incumbent assumes responsibility for quality assurance program development and management including responsibility for the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for all assigned operations and activities. Performance of the work requires the use of considerable independence, initiative, and discretion within established guidelines.
Examples of Duties
- Plans, organizes, and performs duties related to Quality Improvement/Assurance Program (QI/QA);
- Administers managed care plan activities, audits organizational providers and authorizes out-of-County Medi-Cal utilization;
- Develops and provides training to service providers on professional responsibilities, technical skills, quality of care, scope of practice and on issues related to program compliance and integrity.
- Principles, methods, and procedures of clinical and behavioral health practices;
- Health care management, health plan administration, government compliance, internal audits and risk management, regulatory affairs and specialty health care consulting;
- Laws, rules and regulations applicable to medical and behavioral health practices
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form;
- Speak effectively in public;
- Analyze problems, identify solutions, recommend and implement methods, procedures, and techniques for resolution of issues;
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to completion of high school (12th grade);
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree inSocial Work or Psychology; or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Five years experience in mental health or other related field with increasing responsibilities. Prefer at least one year experience overseeing a mental health program and/or staff in medical or social work setting.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- A valid California license to practice as a Registered Nurse; or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; or as a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist; or as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active licensure.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama and search for the job title to apply online.
The department currently has one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Quality Assurance Manager, as well as subsequent vacancies, which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
Tehama County Health Services
530-527-8491 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana)and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY /DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE