- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5-2018
- Familiarity with Machinist Handbook
- Proficient and accurate measuring capability with calipers, micrometers, deltronic gage pins, thread gages, CMM, microscopes, etc.
- 5 years minimum machining or inspection experience
- Pass Pre-Employment drug test
- Self-starter, able to work and complete tasks without supervision
- Good communication skills
- Good math skills
- Ability to make accept/reject decisions based on drawing, industry, workmanship standard requirements and be able to deal with personnel in enforcing requirements in a fair and impartial manner
- Be able to manage quality program regarding quoting process, design of in-process inspection, perform 1st article inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, plating and outside processing inspection, interpretation of drawings, workmanship standards and industry and international standards, (ANSI, ASME, Mil-I-45208A, etc.) , perform calibration and create purchase orders for calibration, outside processing, interpretation of geometric tolerancing and calculation of true position, trigonometry for calculations involving cnc programming, determination of in-process control limits for pre-control, determination of accurate methods of inspection and training of personnel, handling customer rejects, deviation and waivers, performing customer audits, measuring using CMM, surface test equipment, tool room microscope, calipers, micrometers, etc., design of measuring fixtures, creating drawings and quality documentation utilizing Bobcad, Microsoft Word and Excel, Smarter Manger job shop program, AS9102B balloon drawings and Excel inspection documentation, maintenance of MPI Quality Assurance Manual and Workmanship Standards, communication with buyers and customer engineering and quality control personnel, interpretation of material and plating certifications, being knowledgeable of thread parameters and tolerancing, preparation of source inspection documentation, documentation of discrepant material reports both internal and external and follow up corrective action, inspecting gage pins and thread gages, determining surface finish defects and their cause, maintaining all quality documentation and revision levels.