Provides support to the Quality Assurance Manager. Under the direction of the QA Manager, works with QA Team and Plant Management to help assure facility operations are in compliance with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), FDA, Customer, and legislative standards. Expected to deliver continuous improvement to quality and food safety programs and acts as an expert in quality and food safety for the plant.
- Provides coverage for QA Manager and QC positions as needed. Work schedule and times may vary.
- Responsible for maintaining the Foreign Supplier Verification Program, Food Fraud Prevention Program, Environmental Monitoring Program, Mock Recall and Traceability Program, Approved Supplier Program, FDA pH Control, and Ingredient sampling, testing, and inspecting.
- Assists QA Manager and Plant Management team in maintaining GMP’s, internal and external audits, document retention, employee training, allergen control, label compliance, glass and brittle plastic policy, food security, supplier monitoring, kosher certifications, and customer complaints.
- Must achieve HACCP, PCQI, BPCS and SQF Practitioner Certified
- HACCP Team Member
- Assists in recording daily quality control, record keeping, and validation of daily processing.
- Maintain customer external site compliance requirements.
- Support and maintain quality culture within facility.
- Provide Employee Safety for dress code and/or personal protection items, monitoring, Workers Compensation and/or confidential information
- Special projects per management request.
- Problem Recognition – must have ability to recognize problems.
- Communication – must have ability to communicate information and ideas in an effective and efficient manner that others will understand. Reading, active listening, verbal and written communication, and monitoring of self and others is required.
- Comprehension – ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, and written communication.
- Deductive Reasoning – ability to logically process information to produce conclusions that make sense.
- Recognize confidentially of Employee or Company process or documents.
- Must possess exceptional Microsoft Word, Excel, and computer skills (customer sites compliance uploads) .
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
To apply: Please send resume in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Mooney QA Specialist” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience