The scientist will be responsible for method development and validation for numerous instruments including GC-MS, ICP-OES and Ion Chromatography. This individual will also prepare and review technical documents, including validation protocols/ reports and test procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following
• Support the development & validation of GC-MS, ICP-OES and Ion Chromatography methods for the quantitation of small and large molecule impurities.
• Support the chemical testing of materials for use in lithium-ion batteries
• Prepares and reviews technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, investigation reports, and change controls.
• Help develop product specification criteria and establish criteria for minimum product quality standards
• Employs and supports the development of Quality Assurance tools and philosophy (PFMEA, SOPs, auditing, etc.) to drive continuous improvement in process, product, and personnel; leverages tools and knowledge to proactively mitigate risks. Job Level: Senior Qualifications
• Expertise with method development and validation
• BS + 10+ years of experience, MS + 5+ years of experience or PhD + 2 years of experience
• A proven track record of analytical method development
• Ability to work independently, and to present analytical results and conclusions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required.
• Ability to design, follow and review protocols, scientific methods, and departmental procedures.
• Experience with GC-MS & ICP-OES method development & validation
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Independent, accountable, attention to detail, ability to effectively balance multiple projects, and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required.
• Must be highly motivated and self-directed
• Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and works well with personnel at all levels.
• Experience with Lithium-ion Batteries and Electrolytes is Plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate: Chico, CA 95928: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Bachelor’s (Required)
• Analytical chemistry: 3 years (Preferred)