Job Title: Quality Inspector
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Level: Entry Level
Pay Range: $16
About Nanotech Energy, Inc.
Nanotech Energy is focused on developing the next generation of fast-charging, more powerful batteries. The technology is based on graphene, which has been hailed the wonder material of the 21st century, and Nanotech Energy is harnessing its properties to revolutionize the way we power our world. Our products will create real-world benefits, from helping develop more cost-efficient, environmentally friendly personal electronic devices to creating a more efficient way to harness renewable energy. As a small company, the work setting is challenging and dynamic in a diverse environment that promotes teamwork and inclusiveness. Nanotech Energy offers the opportunity to join in the growth stage of a startup company and contribute at all levels to make an impact.
The Quality inspector is responsible for the inspection and testing of incoming materials and products to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction requirements have been met. Using a variety of tools, methods, and equipment the inspector analyzes, records, and qualifies material attributes for the manufacturing of our products.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- The inspection and testing of incoming materials and products to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Working with a variety of inspection methods, test equipment, and screening processes to ensure proper procedures are being followed and documented to maintain product quality, record traceability, and customer satisfaction.
Other responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Performing calibration and maintenance procedures to ensure equipment is adequate and functional.
- Assist with non-conformance investigations.
- Perform incoming inspections on newly identified materials per specifications as required.
- Maintain all inspection records and/or files according to our QMS.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management (participates in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintains personal networks).
- Understands and contributes to the EHS policies.
Education and Experience / Professional Skills
- Must have High School Diploma; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must understand basic math functions (understanding of statistical analysis techniques; AQL and/or inspector certification preferred)
- Must have the ability to use verbal communication effectively, and in a professional manner, along with the ability to use digital communication methods (emails, team message boards, etc.)
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions.
- Must be able to perform routine measurements & data entry accurately and consistently.
- Experience using measurement instruments (calipers, micrometers, microscopes, and other equipment) preferred.
- Individual should be self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Should be able to interpret/understand a variety of instructions: Written, Verbal, Diagrams, Schedule form, Etc.
- Although primary work will be conducted in the Quality Lab, on occasions the employee may be exposed to moderately loud environments from machinery and manufacturing processes, use of proper PPE may be assigned and worn.
- Individual should be able to sit or stand at and operate a workstation
- Ability to walk/travel within the facilities for inspection activities.
- On occasion, the employee may need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To Apply: Please email your resume in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Nanotech Quality Inspector” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience