Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full-time benefitted Radiologic Technologist in the Acute Hospital. Under the supervision of the Radiology Technologist Manager, the Radiologic Technologist performs a variety of imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols and functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
• Responsible for the safe handling of equipment.
• Instructs and prepares patients for radiology examinations.
• Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedures.
• Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
• Processes x-rays.
• Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family.
• Compiles and maintains quality assurance information State of CA Department of Health Standards, the FDA and the Department of Health and Human Services.
• Current CA Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Must have a current CPR card and attend infection control and safety classes annually.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and accurately without direct supervision.
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org