Mountain Valleys Health Centers, Inc.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Working in a cooperative effort with the dentist to meet the oral health needs of the patients served. Perform patient screening procedures, Provide the dental hygiene diagnosis, and provide instruction for proper oral hygiene and care.
- Assessment and documentation of oral health conditions
- Review of health history
- Oral cancer screening
- Head and neck inspection
- Dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removing calculus and plaque from all surfaces of the teeth
- Applying preventative materials to the teeth
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g. brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Performing documentation and office management activities
- Maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets
- Is punctual
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have graduated from a Dental Hygiene Program that is accredited by the American Dental Association with a minimum of an Associate Degree and must maintain a current license for the state of California. Must have a basic knowledge of computers. Must not be on the Medicare and Medicaid exclusion list. Must possess the ability to work with people in a pleasant and courteous manner. Must maintain patient confidentiality and professionalism. Must maintain confidentiality relating to MVHC personnel and information that could result in proprietary damage to MVHC. Must possess a current valid California or Oregon Driver’s license and auto liability insurance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Attends staff meetings, completes assigned training, and meets all Continuing Education requirements.
CUSTOMER CARE: A core value of Mountain Valleys Health Centers’ is our dedication to high- quality customer care. As a Community Health center, our patients are our vitality; therefore, every patient will be treated accordingly.
At MVHC a customer is defined as but not limited to a patient, vendor, contractor, granting agency, community business, and employee. Customers will be treated with the utmost dignity and respect regardless of their socio-economic status, insurance type, job position, and/or race, etc. Discrimination is unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination.
Every employee of MVHC will adhere to the Accountability Measures outlined either at the onset of employment or at the date of this signed job description. Should these expectations not be upheld, the employee understands that disciplinary action will be taken which could lead to immediate termination.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, lifting up to 25 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, stretching, reaching, hand and wrist movement, twisting, hearing, seeing, and talking.Ability to lift 25lbsMinimum Education and Experience