As a valued member of our team, you will drive a truck equipped with a concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites performing the following duties. Any hired candidate will start out at our training rate of pay until they successfully graduate from training. We pay for previous driving experience and on average. Our family-owned company offers highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401k plan, flexible spending account program, paid time off and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Drives truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement and water and starts mixer.
- Drives truck safely and timely to location for unloading.
- Moves levers on truck to release concrete down truck chute into wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
- Assembles chutes.
- Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of truck and reports repairs to personnel.
- Assists in yard functions by lifting materials and operating equipment.
- Maintains high level of customer service through courteous and effective communication with dispatchers, plant management, other drivers, contractors and customers
- Keeps proper records and documents daily activities.
- Monitors truck and other company equipment to ensure appearance, safety and proper maintenance levels. Sprays surfaces of truck with water and protective compounds for cleaning purposes.
- Performs all duties assigned by management in a timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred but not mandatory.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to add and subtract as well as to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Possession of a valid unrestricted California Commercial Driver permit (Group A or B) and comply with Department of Transportation regulations. Must have Air Brake and Tanker Endorsement and a safe driving record. Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
*Candidates that get called in for a face-to-face interview will need to provide a K-4 DMV printout*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. The employee regularly assembles, disassembles, lifts and carries chutes that can weigh up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Individual must be able to pass a pre- employment physical and drug screen.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Motor Vehicle Record Check
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Commercial License
Minimum Salary: 13.00 Hour
Maximum Salary: 22.00 Hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Retirement/Pension, Other
Grass Valley A & A Concrete Supply
270 Railroad Ave.
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Vanesa Ibarra
Phone: (916) 202-7647Drug Testing/Screening, Motor Vehicle Record Check