First impressions mean so much. Receptionists greet patients, in-person and on the telephone, make appointments, answer questions, enter and review information in the electronic scheduling and records system and facilitate patient requests for access and information. Receptionists should be caring and compassionate, able to multi-task, work in a team environment and be committed to helping patients access needed services in a busy environment. Related experience or training preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks in patients, greets visitors and routes them to the person who can help them.
- Schedules appointments by phone and in person.
- Issues billing sheet and other needed forms. Checks patient forms for completeness and accuracy. Obtains consent for treatment.
- Determines method of payment and collects necessary information. Reviews registration and determines eligibility for programs in the absence of the eligibility worker.
- Updates patient information on computer. Inputs new patient information into computer.
- Requests charts when not already pulled, makes new charts, prepares chart for visit by inserting appropriate forms.
- Checks patients out and schedules return appointments.
- Collects fees and co-payments.
- Checks account balances and requests past due payments.
- Reviews billing sheets for completeness and sends completed forms to billing. Locates missing billing sheets.
- Makes financial arrangements for all SFS and Insurance Patients, forwarding one to billing as instructed and filing one in patient chart.
- Posts encounters and payments, reconciles cash collected and runs all end of the day reports.
- Answers phones, routes calls and takes messages when clinic operator is not available. Answers patient inquiries or if unable to answer routes question to correct person.
- Maintains communication with providers through the Office Manager or Lead Dental Assistants to insure optimum patient flow.
- Maintains inventory of forms and orders forms as needed.
- Participates in appropriate staff meetings.
- Adherence to ODCHC’s attendance policy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal. Ability to establish constructive working relationships with all levels of employees in a staff of varied and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents; ability to compose simple correspondence.
- Ability to keep records accurately and carefully.
- Courteous, efficient manner on telephone and in person.
- Ability to prioritize when several tasks are presented at once.
- Computer skills, including facility with databases and word processing software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
About Open Door Community Health Centers
Open Door Community Health Centers provides quality medical, dental, and mental health care and health education to all regardless of financial, geographic, or social barriers.