The primary function of the Receptionist/Customer Service Representative position at Mt Shasta Spring Water is to answer customer inquiries via phone, fax, email, mail, or walk-in. The Receptionist/Customer Service Representative will also greet and assist everyone that comes into the office. The Receptionist/ Customer Service Representative will enter all in-house customer purchases and payments into RMA that are presented to them in the office.
The essential tasks of the Receptionist/Customer Service Representative position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer customer phone calls by the second ring, directing the calls to the appropriate CSR or employee.
- Service all Redding branch walk-in/in-house customers including all the following procedures.
- Enter invoice into route accounting software for desired purchase.
- Record any payments made for services provided/rendered.
- Enter all equipment returns to the office in the route accounting software.
- Modify route book data for all equipment returns for in-house Rt17.
- Enter all equipment issuance for Rt17 in the route accounting software.
- Complete any additional paperwork required to complete customer requests.
- Reconcile all route 17 transactions daily for update.
- Deposit all payments received daily for secondary verification.
- Enter telephone messages “hot shots” accurately and in accordance with written office procedures.
- Enter text messages “hot shots; action calls only” accurately and in accordance with written office procedures.
- Provide customers with applicable delivery schedules upon request.
- Process credit card payments as requested or required.
- Process all company account cancels in accordance with written company policy.
- Submit donation requests to the General Manager for approval in accordance with written office procedures.
- Maintain Redding area donation files assuring all MSSW property is returned timely.
- Maintain up-to-date Redding area donation procedure and reference manual.
- Maintain Redding area in-house route 17 books.
- Make collection calls to past due in-house customers.
- Prepare and process for shipping all UPS items as needed.
- Assist, as needed.
To perform the Receptionist function successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
- Experience with the public in a professional environment
- Experience in the customer service environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience in a Windows based computer environment.
- Basic data entry skills.
- Able to operate general office equipment such as a fax machine, photocopier and credit card terminal.
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator accurately to compute simple mathematical equations.
- Ability to accurately make change when money transfers hands.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
To perform the Receptionist/Customer Service Representative function successfully, an individual must have a high school diploma and will be required to have a minimum of one-year general office/clerical experience.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of the Receptionist position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
- Ability to sit continuously for up to eight (8) hours per day with intermittent walking or standing.
- Ability to perform intermittent data entry throughout the day.
- Ability to perform simple grasping.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to forty-five (45) pounds occasionally.
- Ability to hear and understand telephone conversations.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential tasks of the Receptionist/CSR position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
- Professional office environment including a Receptionist, Customer Service Representatives, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Data Processing personnel.
- Continuous written and verbal communication with customers and co-workers either in person, on the telephone, by fax or via e-mail