GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Will serve as liaison between patient and medical support staff. Responsible for all financial transactions and computer input within the practice management system.
GENERAL DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Greet patients and notify appropriate personnel of patients’ arrival:
- Greet patient checking in.
- Verify insurance and demographics with patient:
- Collect any co-pay or balance due.
- Post payment for patient account in the computer.
- Update demographic information in computer.
- Manage “Paperwork to be picked up” file.
- Assist with check-out.
- Run eligibility for upcoming appointments and complete confirmation calls within two days of the schedule appointment.
- Acknowledge patient checking out.
- Collect any payment due.
- Answer patient questions and concerns regarding billing. If unable to, call billing office.
- Schedule follow-up appointments:
- Balance and print report for money collected.
- Close down procedure (equipment off, waiting room clean, etc.).
- Obtain and or update patient demographic information in system.
- Verify insurance eligibility and complete confirmation calls on a daily basis.
- Assist patients with demographic paperwork.
- Collect and post payments accordingly to patient accounts for co-pays and cash payments.
- Answer phones take and follow-up on messages, route to appropriate personnel.
- High School diploma
- 1 + yrs. customer service experience
- Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able read and write English
- Must be able to stand, squat, and bend at the hip
1.Familiarity with an electronic practice management (EMR) system.
2.Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity)
3.Bilingual (preferably Spanish) preferred.
For full job description and to apply: https://careers.hireology.com/westernsierramedicalclinicinc/1442731/description
Salary range: $42,848-$59,987 annually.Minimum Education and Experience