Find your path in health care. Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities.
As a Receptionist at Banner Lassen Medical Center, you will greet all patients who enter the facility, help with screening questions, temperature checks, and more! This is a per diem position, with no guarantee of shift or hours, just helping to provide coverage as needed in the department. If you’re looking for a flexible position as part of a great team, this role is for you – apply today!
This is a per diem opportunity that will work on-call as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, employee wellness program and employee discounts.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position is responsible for greeting, screening, and providing assistance to patients, families, and visitors. This position provides quality customer service and may also answer phones and control access to a care delivery area.
1. Greets and assists visitors to the area. Provides them with general information regarding processes and policies, and directs them to appropriate resources, services, or areas.
2. Maintains an orderly waiting area and works with volunteer services to provide a positive/satisfying experience for patients and/or visitors. Reports maintenance issues as needed to facilitate visitor comfort and safety.
3. In patient care delivery areas, coordinates access to the care delivery area, performs visitor authorization procedures, serves as a liaison between visitors and staff, relays visitor concerns to staff, and coordinates visitor support services such as assigning lockers, taking and relaying messages, assigning pagers to visitors, etc.
4. May answer phones, transfer calls , take messages, and relay messages and information as needed.
5. May perform these additional functions, depending on assigned area: assembles charts, files, sorts mail, maintains supplies inventory, transports patients, processes occasional miscellaneous payments, or other appropriate duties as requested.
6. Performs functions within established parameters. Customers include patients, families, and the community at large.
Must have good interpersonal communication and display compassion in stressful situations. This position requires effective interpersonal communication skills and a friendly customer service attitude.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience
About Banner Lassen Medical Center
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members, with a deadline to become fully vaccinated by Nov. 1, 2021. To ensure we are doing all we can to keep our team members, patients and community safe, new hires will be required to have received their first dose of the vaccine prior to their start date. For those being hired in the state of California or Colorado, it is required that you be fully vaccinated prior to start date. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package for all benefit-eligible positions. Please visit our Benefits Guide for more information.