1. Scope and Range of Responsibility: Under the direction of the supervisor, and as coordinated with the Director of Programs, provides general clerical support for staff; serves as receptionist and initial contact person for the center; answer general questions regarding the operation of AFWD, partner agencies and directs clients to the EDD, CalWORKs, AFWD or other appropriate partner and/or location. Assist outside agencies as requested.
2. Mission Elements of the Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.: The organization provides workforce development and training services to eligible participants through the use of WIOA funds. In addition, the organization coordinates AJCC’s, provides employer services to enhance the connection between employers and job seekers, and provides complimentary community and workforce development services through the use of other funding sources (i.e., non-WIOA funds). The mission statement and shared values are contained in the Employee Handbook and are posted in the workplace.
3. Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Supervisor, and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
A. Clerical Duties:
1. Distribute mail and answer and direct calls using a multi-line telephone; in a fast-paced office setting where friendly, timely and professional customer service is essential.
2. Enter job orders into the designated MIS system(s), create AFWD job board posting(s) and enter appropriate service activities in MIS for job orders entered.
3. Maintain files and records.
4. Type or re-key forms, documents, letters, labels, etc.
5. Organize and priorities job duties, following written and verbal instructions.
6. Special Projects and other duties as assigned.
B. Direct Customer Service and Receptionist:
1. Professionally and in a customer-focused manner, greet and refer clients to various services and agencies.
2. Assist clients with using the resource center.
3. Use good time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to balance direct customer service responsibilities with clerical duties.
4. Track customer referral data and other data as requested.
5. Complete referrals to appropriate program staff and maintain Applicant Pool entries for customer entries.
6. Provide input, initiate, and embrace changes that will continually improve systems and processes to best meet the workforce preparation needs of our communities.
7. Other duties as assigned.
C. Facility Assistance:
1. Assist the AJCC staff with facility scheduling (conference rooms, events, etc.) and provide support to prepare for meetings, e.g. arrange furniture, prepare coffee for the group, etc.
2. Maintain the lobby, customer service, computer lab, resource libraries and conference areas in a clean and orderly manner.
3. Maintain a trouble log, identifying building, equipment and vehicle maintenance requirements, and as assigned, coordinate with management to arrange for maintenance.
4. Coordinate and schedule the use of Center vehicles, including timely submittal of gas and maintenance credit card receipts to the Corporate Office.
5. Maintain an inventory of AFWD office supplies and prepare purchase orders for needed materials.
6. Other duties as assigned.
4. Essential Functions:
1) Travel with notice. Occasional overnight travel may be assigned.
2) Operate a motor vehicle, or arrange transportation to accomplish duties.
3) Lift up to 25 lbs to waist height, turning, twisting, and transporting same.
4) Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
5) Exercise good judgement in analyzing and solving customer service problems.
6) Maintain high level of confidentiality.
7) Must be able to produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
8) Ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing software.
9) Ability to accurately type up to 30 wpm.
10) Must be able to use office equipment, including fax, multi-line telephone, copy machine.
11) Must be able to work effectively in a team setting.
5. Minimum Qualifications
1) High school diploma or equivalent
2) Two years of clerical or related college level study, or two years of clerical experience.
3) Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training and/or meetings; therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle or arrange for travel to perform duties.
4) Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
6. Other Position Requirements
Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment. Acknowledge that AFWD is an “at will” employer; therefore, any employee may resign at any time, just as the corporation may terminate the employment relationship with any employee at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, to the other party. Alliance for Workforce Development Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.