Job Title: Receptionist
Type of Job: Regular
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
- Job Description: Under the direct supervision of the Frontline Supervisor and as coordinated with the local America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) partners, provides general clerical support for staff; serves as receptionist and initial contact person for the center; answer general questions regarding the operation and services of AFWD, partner agencies and directs clients to the County, CalWORKs, EDD, or other appropriate partners and/or locations. Assist outside agencies as requested.
- Organizational Relationship: The Receptionist is supervised and evaluated by the Frontline Supervisor. However, the receptionist will take direction from other AFWD Department Directors and Managers, and or the local AJCC Management staff.
- Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Supervisor, and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
- Clerical Duties
- Distribute mail, and answer and direct calls using a multi-line telephone; in a fast-paced office setting where friendly, timely and professional customer service is essential.
- Maintain files and records.
- Type or re-key forms, documents, letters, labels, etc.
- Data entry and tracking various services & tasks, entered accurately and timely.
- Organize and prioritize job duties, following written and verbal instructions.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Direct Customer Service and Receptionist
- Professionally and in a customer-focused manner, greet and refer clients to various services and agencies.
- Use good time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to balance direct customer service responsibilities with clerical duties.
- Track customer referral data as directed.
- Provide input, initiate, and embrace changes that will continually improve systems and processes to best meet the workforce preparation needs of our communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facility Assistance
- Assist the AJCC partners, Business Service Team, Job Seeker Program Team with facility scheduling (conference rooms, events, etc.) and provide support to prepare for meetings, e.g., arrange furniture, prepare coffee for the group, etc.
- Maintain the lobby, customer service, computer lab, resource libraries and conference areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- In coordination with the Frontline Supervisor and the Operation Coordinator, maintain required facility signage, safety requirements, and facility maintenance as directed.
- Coordinate use of computer labs by AJCC clients.
- Maintain an inventory of AFWD office supplies and prepare purchase orders for needed materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential Functions
- Travel with notice. Occasional overnight travel may be assigned.
- Operate a motor vehicle or arrange transportation to accomplish duties.
- Lift 25 lbs., to waist height, turning twisting and transporting same.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Exercise good judgment in analyzing and solving customer service problems.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing software.
- Ability to type, accurately, 30 wpm.
- Must be able to use office equipment, including fax, multi-line telephone, copy machine, binding machine, 10 key calculator, audio-visual equipment, shredder, and answering machine.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Two years of clerical or related college level study, or two years of clerical experience.
- Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training and/or meetings; therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle or arrange for travel to perform duties.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have a good driving.
- Other: Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment.
- Other Position Requirements: Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon Acknowledge that AFWD is an “at will” employer; therefore, any employee may resign at any time, just as the corporation may terminate the employment relationship with any employee at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, to the other party. Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Hiring Requirements: Background Checks
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Salary: 16.45 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Business and Career Network-Susanville
1616 Chestnut Street
Susanville, CA 96130Minimum Education and Experience