GROW WITH US by becoming a Diesel Mechanic for our Oroville, Ca Facility
Call or Text Nichole @ 415-350-7142
APPLY ONLINE TODAY @ https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=RECOLOGY&cws=43&rid=4124
Schedule: Monday – Friday | 9am – 7pm (Some Saturdays as needed)
Responsible for mechanical maintenance services; maintains, inspects and repairs equipment and vehicles to ensure safety and on-going operation.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Diagnoses, tests and repairs vehicles and/or heavy landfill equipment including, but not limited to, powertrains and drivetrains, as well as electrical, steering, braking, exhaust and suspension systems.
• Diagnoses, tests and repairs refuse vehicle and transfer trailer body systems including, but not limited to, hydraulic, body control, electrical and body mechanical systems.
• Diagnoses, tests, repairs and maintains processing equipment such as balers, conveyors, hoppers, electric motors and controls, as well as maintenance shop and company facilities.
• Performs basic fabrication work using welding equipment, torches, tools and/or machinery.
• Orders and maintains shop parts, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Accurately and efficiently completes paperwork and/or computer database entries relating to the work performed.
• Acts as a lead worker by regularly instructing and directing others by assigning, reviewing and checking work.
• Four years of progressively responsible mechanical experience as a journeyman mechanic (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Experience and knowledge of DOT Out-of-Service Criteria including CHP B.I.T. Inspections and DOT compliance audits.
• Experience working in a maintenance facility or related environment with vehicles, processing equipment such as: balers, conveyors, hoppers, electric motors and landfill equipment preferred.
• Expert knowledge of diesel and/or compressed natural gas engines, heavy equipment mechanical components and parts, as well as fabrication tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of alternating and direct current electrical controls and motor systems.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local job site health and safety rules, regulations and best practices; understanding of potential job hazards.
• Basic computer programs.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Graduation from a formalized mechanical trade school highly desirable.
• Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with no restrictions required within 12 weeks of hire.
• Candidate(s) without valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License upon hire must possess a valid DOT medical certificate and instruction permit for a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with air brake endorsement prior to hire.
• Work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
• Ability to read product information, manuals, work orders and other information necessary for performing essential job functions.
• Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, effectively with peers, supervisors and customers.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
• Paid time off and paid holidays.
• Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
• Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with match).
• Annual wellness incentives.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Educational assistance.
• Commuting benefits.
• Employee referral program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
Recology is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.