Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Referral Clerk/Medical Records Technician at our Rural Health Clinic. This is a Full Time position, with benefits. Reporting to the Clinic Manager and Medical Records Director the Referral Clerk demonstrates a consistent commitment to quality and customer service with patients as well as being directly responsible for all aspects of patient medical charts.
Wage Rate: $17.27 – $25.36/hr
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Obtains information needed to facilitate outside referral requests, and obtains authorization from respective insurances in order to accommodate referral requests.
- Serves as main point of contact for Workers Compensation cases. Processes appropriate time sensitive forms as required and updates information as necessary.
- Follows up on referral requests ensuring that referred to facility has received referral request. Provide back up to care coordinators on following up on referral status and updating referrals in electronic system.
- Verifies daily deposit originating from Admitting Clerk upon request and verifies balancing of cash box as appropriate.
- Handles phone calls from patients and insurance companies accurately and in a professional manner.
- Assists all clinical staff accurately and courteously with questions and concerns regarding patient referrals.
- Responds to all requests for Medical Records, including but not limited to processing requests to obtain records, sending facility records to outside providers/agencies, and forwarding records to internal departments as appropriate.
- Files completed charts daily. Assists in retrieving charts for provider requests. Provides assistances with locating records within patient charts. Ensures the maintenance of clinic files and records.
- Completes timely e-filing/distribution of incoming fax documents.
- Maintains paper and electronic charts, scans documents to electronic records and files them appropriately, and is responsible for chart storage for current and past years.
- Performs provider requested tasks as appropriate for the functions of this job.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in medical office preferred, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Computer literate, basic math skills and proficient typing/keyboarding.
- Knowledge of Medical CPT, HCPCS, modifiers and ICD-10 codes preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality relating to MMC personnel, and patient information that could result in proprietary damage to MMC.
Application Process: For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience