Under general supervision of a dental provider:
- Mouth mirror inspection of oral cavity, to include charting of obvious lesions, existing restorations and missing teeth.
- Cleans and prepares operatory for each patient visit.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment, including compliance with osha infection control standards as well as the clinic’s infection control program.
- Proper protocol for cleaning and sterilization of dental instruments.
- Pouring of impressions.
Under direct supervision of a dental provider:
- Remove excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth with a hand instrument or floss.
- Coronal polish, following the determination by dental provider that the teeth to be polished are free of calculus or other extraneous material.
- Operation of dental radiographic equipment for the purpose of oral radiography.
- Certification as a Registered Dental Assistant.
- BLS for the Health Care Provider or equivalent CPR class is required at hire and to be maintained throughout employment.
Other Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Bilingual (preferably Spanish) preferred.
- Additional Preferred Experience:
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system.
- Computer literate (i.e. logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
For full Job Description and how to apply: https://careers.hireology.com/westernsierramedicalclinicinc/1485024/description
Wage range: $21.00 to $25.00Minimum Education and Experience