Susanville Indian Rancheria
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Open Until Filled
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: January 8, 2021
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
1st Cutoff Date February 12, 2021
2nd Cutoff Date February 26, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
STARTING SALARY: $21.88/ hr.
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) prepares patients for dental treatment and examinations and assists the Dentist at the chair during patient treatment. They review patient records to determine the instruments and materials that will be needed; take x-rays of teeth and jaws. The RDA also mixes and handles dental materials and make preliminary impressions for dental prosthesis. In addition, they sterilize instruments, utensils, dressings, and equipment; clean dental rooms and equipment; and inventory and order supplies as needed. The RDA maintains patient records, performing simple dental lab work, and other related work as required and assigned by dentists.
This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides preventative dental education to clinic patients and community groups when required by dentist.
2. Prepares patients for treatment and examination by seating the patient, adjusting the chair at a convenient angle and draping the patient.
3. Reviews patient’s record to determine what instruments and material will be needed and lays them out.
CA JOB ID #16508234
4. Takes x-rays of teeth and jaws as assigned by dentist.
5. Procures charts and records needed by the dentist.
6. Provides oral suction, retraction and other assistance during oral surgery.
7. Fabricates and cements temporary crowns. Removes excess cement after permanent crown cementation.
8. Mixes and handles dental materials. Makes preliminary impressions for dental prostheses.
9. Sterilizes instruments, utensils, dressings and equipment.
10. Maintains patient records by indicating the type of work performed.
11. Cleans dental rooms and equipment.
12. May perform coronal polishing of the teeth, apply fluoride varnish and/or pit and fissure sealants.
13. Places post-extraction and periodontal dressings. Removes sutures or post-operative irrigation as assigned by dentist.
14. Passes instruments and materials to the dentist upon request.
15. Inventories supplies, and orders routine supplies as needed.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from a Board-approved RDA educational program (Preferred); or Complete at least 15 months (1280 hours) of satisfactory work experience as a dental assistant with a dentist licensed in the United States; or
Complete a California Department of Education approved 4-month educational program and 11 months of work experience with a dentist licensed in the United States.
2. Must have a valid License as a Registered Dental Assistant issued by the State of California Board of Dental Examiners.
3. Complete a board-approved course in coronal polishing.
4. Complete a board-approved course in radiation safety.
5. Complete an eight (8) hour board-approved course in infection control.
6. Proof of completion of a basic life support course offered by an instructor approved by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
7. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license.
9. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background investigation.
10. Must pass pre-employment drug test and agree to random drug testing.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such a short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots google, gloves, or shields.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Maintain a current insurable driver’s license.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card. 3rd Preference: Non-Native applicant.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its Full-Time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma or College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certification required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum qualification.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.