Rolling Hills Clinic
Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Location: Corning & Red Bluff
Full Time, Non-Exempt
“Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.”
The Registered Dental Assistant Extended Functions II will function as a circulating assistant in chairside dental procedures, under the direction of the Lead RDAEFII. The RDAEF will perform all dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials. This position will be required travel between Rolling Hills Clinic sites to help fill temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Ability to perform standard and radiographic methods. Expose process and mount diagnostic radiographs.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Perform the following supportive tasks to ensure efficiency of patient flow: clean, sterilize instruments, and set up trays.
- Maintain and test equipment (sterilizer, x-ray dosimetry, x-ray processor, etc.) including daily lubrication of equipment.
- Effectively pour models and conduct other lab procedures.
- Ability to instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the dentist.
- Review and document inventory and reorder supplies as necessary to maintain par levels.
- Perform charting activities and document exam findings in patient record.
- Maintain clean, orderly and well stocked operatory and laboratory.
- Ability to plan work duties to ensure dental clinic efficiency.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling procedures.
- Work in conjunction with Staff Dentists/Dental team to develop and implement preventive dental activities for the community
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Function chairside dental procedures as a Registered Dental Assistant and Registered Dental Assistant Extended Functions
- Conduct preliminary evaluation of the patient’s oral health including, but not limited to, charting, intra oral and extra-oral evaluation of soft tissue, classifying occlusion and myofunctional evaluation.
- Cord retraction of gingiva for impression procedures; adjust and cement permanent indirect restorations; cement endodontic master points and accessory points.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the dentist.
- Work in conjunction with Dental Director/Staff Dentists/Dental Coordinator to develop and implement patient plan to meet production goal.
- Documentation of exam findings in patient record.
- Place, contour, finish and adjust all direct restorations.
- Polish and contour existing amalgam restorations.
- Size and fit endodontic master points & accessory points.
- Take final impressions for tooth-borne removable prosthesis.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be licensed Registered Dental Assistant in the State of California.
- Five years of experience as a Registered Dental Assistant.
- Must have a current BLS CPR Certification.
- Must have a Radiation Safety Certification or completion of a radiation safety course approved.
- Must have a valid State of California Dental X-ray license.
- Must have a coronal polishing license and be Sealant Certified.
- Must have a Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal liability automobile insurance as required by California state law.
- Must possess the skills necessary to perform duties as per State of California licensing guidelines.
- Must be familiar with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Five years of experience in a clinic environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
A pre-employment Physical exam is required upon hire. You will be required to provide vaccination records to show proof of immunity for TB or PPD, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, TDAP & Hep B. If the records are more than 10 years old, titers are required to confirm immunity and Covid 19.
COVID RAPID TEST REQUIREMENT
To protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic, you will be required to obtain a COVID Rapid Test onsite prior to date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply visit: https://rhclinic.org/employment/