RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly, union
This description covers the most significant essential and auxiliary duties performed by the position, but may also include other work, which may be similar, related to, or a logical work assignment for the position. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN is responsible for, and participates in, nursing care of assigned patients. Assesses patients’ needs, develops individual nursing care plans and evaluates nursing care. The RN provides clinical leadership/supervision for other staff/team members. The RN utilizes critical thinking and prioritization skills to deliver patient care and act as a patient advocate. The RN works in cooperation with other hospital departments and physicians, assuring physician=s orders are carried out, and communicates with charge nurse or nurse manager regarding status of assigned patients. The RN provides for staff and student education as appropriate, and performs patient education. The RN is to convey a professional and positive image of nursing, and of the hospital, to the public.
MINIMUM OF QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Current license with the Oregon State Board of Nursing or temporary permit from the board. Current CPR certification. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) when available. TEAM (Trauma Emergency Assessment & Management) or TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) when available. NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) when available.
2. Experience: Recent experience at the level of staff nurse or new graduate.
3. Job Knowledge: Responsible to understand and capable of implementing duties within the scope of rules and regulations of the Oregon State Board of Nursing and the Nurse Practice Act.
4. Skills: Provide leadership in complex assignments and changing clinical environment. Function calmly and effectively in emergent situations and peak work times. Demonstrate positive and compassionate patient attitude toward patients and their families. Maintain confidentiality. Prioritize patient care needs and unit needs appropriately. Function as a positive team member with other hospital staff and physicians.
5. Limitations/Hazards (ADA): a) Utilize manual dexterity to perform clinical assignment. b) Walk and stand throughout assigned shift. c) Provide lifting / moving assistance for patients. d) Move quickly throughout the hospital during busy shifts and emergencies.
*For full job description, please contact Human Resources.
Phone: 541.947.2114 extension 230 or 295 Email: #email@example.com
To apply, please fill out an application online at https://lakehealthdistrict.org/careers-2/, attach a cover letter, and resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation. Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Lake Health District is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decision are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state, and federal regulations will be observed.Minimum Education and Experience