$20K SIGN-ON BONUS
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people’s lives.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities. Click here to view the Susanville town and surrounding area.
Banner Lassen Medical Center is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse Associate Director to lead the emergency department in Susanville, California. This position is 40-hours per week working day shift and is a part of the BLMC leadership team.
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position provides managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
1. Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
2. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
3. Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
4. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
5. Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Manages large single unit or multiple clinical units to ensure excellent patient care. Actively develops leadership of entry level nurse manager(s) while leading clinical improvement initiatives. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1, 2013. Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their by BSN or MSN July 1, 2015.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through two years of clinical management experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer’s disease and developmental disabilities. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Master’s degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience