Nursing 20K SIGN-ON AND UP TO 20K RELOCATION
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities. Click here to view the Susanville town and surrounding area.
Bring your excellent patient care and Emergency Department experience to Banner Lassen Medical Center as a full-time Registered Nurse Coordinator in our Emergency Department. The Emergency Department at Banner Lassen is a unique Emergency Department position serving the patient population of Susanville as well as the surrounding communities. The ED department is an 8-bed unit with at Level IV trauma certification. It is the base station for air ambulance transporting patients to other local facilities as needed. The physician’s and providers are core staff and truly enhance the team. This position is 36-hours and nights.
For more information or for questions please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning and staffing needs of the unit or department under the guidance and direction of the director. Provides leadership, positive role modeling and critical thinking skills to facilitate staff development. Serves as a liaison between all disciplines by effectively communicating, educating and problem solving. Proactively supports the quality and continuity of services throughout the healthcare systems. Assists in resolution of systems issues and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care, assists in evaluations, disciplinary and hiring functions and other duties under the direction of the director.
1. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety and nursing standards and is a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on unit/department.
- Determines and directs staffing needs of unit/department on a shift-to-shift basis. Facilitates staff to patient ratios in a fiscally responsible manner under the direction of the director.
- Coordinates, supports and facilitates continuity of care and communication between departments, institutions and across the continuum to ensure positive outcomes of patient care services.
- Assists in oversight of staff and workflow of patients. Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork. Assists in the oversight of resource utilization for the department, including human, financial, equipment, supply resources.
- Participates in evaluation process by giving input.
- Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- In some roles, this position may supervise staff.
- Coordinates daily workflow for unit. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Assists with unit education and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care. This role is facility specific and has no ultimate responsibility for budgetary outcomes.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary/interim RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.Minimum Education and Experience