Job Title: Registered Nurse – Weekend SNF
Job Time Type: Part Time, Full Time, Per Diem
Job Description: SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: WEEKEND RN SNF
JOB SUMMARY: A Registered Nurse, who under the direction of the SNF DON, assumes full responsibility for the SNF during his/her shift. The Weekend Shift RN works closely with the Skilled Nursing Facility Director of Nursing to coordinate ongoing continuity of care in the SNF in the absence of the DON. The RN is the one who is responsible for maintaining cost effective quality care.
QUALIFICATIONS: RN currently licensed in California. B.S.N. preferred, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience. Leadership experience desired. Current CPR certification. Evidence of skills in leadership, objectivity, integrity, initiative, and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with others. Demonstrates interest in improving knowledge, skills, and techniques by furthering education, attendance of appropriate in-service programs, workshops, and independent study.
- Your location will be in SNF.
- Will receive call offs, and responsible for finding coverage. If coverage cannot be found you may be required to work the floor.
- Keep the SNF DON informed of reportable situations and nursing unit needs.
- Demonstrate behavior in which actively promotes a harmonious working relationship in the nursing units and other hospital departments. Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve personnel problems encountered in day-to-day functions and refers problems to appropriate resources.
- Participate in nursing and management staff committee work. Maintain high quality of patient care.
- Enforce policies and procedures for nursing unit and assist in revising when appropriate.
- Demonstrate behavior which shows understanding of the organization of the hospital and the nursing service.
- Utilize and effective method for disseminating general information written policies and procedures to those under his/her supervision.
- Analyze and evaluate nursing care provided to the unit under his/her supervision and make recommendations for improvement,
- Evaluate and assist in preparing Nursing Care Plans.
- Support and participate in staff development programs.
- Respond and assist with all hospital “Codes”.
- Follow all general and departmental safety, security, and health procedures and policies. Utilize all safe work practices recommended for department.
- Responsible for the safety of department staff.
- Orient new employees to hazardous materials, safety and proper use of equipment. Whenever new substances, processes, equipment, or procedures are introduced, provide proper information and orientation.
ESSENTIAL ACUTE CARE NURSING DUTIES:
- Provide direct nursing care according to accepted standards of care and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Plan, provide and evaluate nursing care recognizing and interpreting symptoms, reporting patient’s conditions, and instituting remedial measures in adverse developments.
- Complete nursing assessment on new patients.
- Implement teaching with patients and families consistent with the medical regime.
- Maintain and update the care plan according the changing needs of the patient.
- Recognize, report, and record any change in conditions or behavior of the patients.
- Make regular rounds on assigned patients.
- Give concise pertinent. And accurate reports on patients.
- Act as preceptor for new employees and report progress to the SNF DON.
- Accurately communicate in writing through utilization of appropriate charting method, patient care summary, and proper transcription of medical orders.
- Follow procedures regarding incidents and accidents.
- Complete and document narcotic count as required.
- Safely and accurately administer medications,
- Make assignments according to the needs of the patients and the staff.
- Direct the care of patients assigned to nursing staff.
- Identify unit problems and follow proper channels for solution.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients, families, and visitors- respecting patients’ rights to privacy and CONFIDENTIALITY of information.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patients at shift reports.
- Recognize and respond to priorities in the patient care process and adapt to changes in workload.
ESSENTIAL GENERAL NURSING DUTIES:
- Provide proper notification for absences and tardiness and is punctual at start of shift.
- Observe hospital dress code and wear identification badge.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for patients and other nursing staff.
- Demonstrate understanding of emergency/disaster situations and response plans.
- Assist in maintaining equipment assigned to patient care and report malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate personnel.
- Attend mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Observe safety precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SAFETY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts the Districts business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the district policy.
SUPERVISED BY: SNF DON
ORGANIZATION POSITION: Nursing Department
For full details see Caljobs.ca.gov or call Seneca at PH: 530-258-2159
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Reference Checks
Education Level: Vocational School Certificate
Requires a Drivers License: Yes, Operator License
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email, By Fax, In Person
Application Comments: A Seneca application is required: http://users.neo.registeredsite.com/7/2/7/21539727/assets/HR-ApplicationForEmployment94067.pdf
James Kooyman: PH: 530-258-2159 FAX: 530-258-2068 email@example.com
To fill out electronically, please download the application above and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email above for Human Resources. Otherwise, please print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office: 199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020
SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
P O Box 737 / 130 Brentwood Drive
Chester, CA 96020
Contact: James Kooyman
Phone: (530) 258-2159 ext