$10,000.00 Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that’s why we work hard every day to make a difference in people’s lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people’s lives – and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities.
As a critical access hospital, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers a wide range of programs and services to aid in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness. As a Registered Respiratory Therapist at Banner Lassen Medical Center you will perform a Range of modalities, for neonate to geriatrics, in a variety of departments . You will also perform outpatient testing. If being part of a highly respected department in a caring facility sounds like the role for you, Apply Today!
This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In the state of Nevada, all incumbents must have their Blood Gas Technologist certification. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience