REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Rehabilitation Tech will report to the Lead Physical Therapist who reports to the Director of Rehabilitation; but will also work closely with and be monitored by other therapists in the Therapy and Wellness Center.
- Prepares equipment for use by the patient.
- Provides aid to patient related tasks.
- Monitors vital signs of patients as needed
- Maintain efficient flow of patients in the outpatient therapy setting
- Cleans and provides light maintenance of therapy gym equipment, furniture and modalities.
- Observes and assists patients throughout their course of treatment.
- Assists with answering phones.
- Assists with patient registration and scheduling as back up to the Front Desk.
- Maintains inventory of all clinic supplies and is responsible for ordering supplies.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Prior experience in a clinical or hospital setting preferred but not required
- BLS, CPR and AED certification. This can be completed during initial employment.
- Understanding of HIPAA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications.
- Strong interest in studying Health Sciences and Musculoskeletal health.
- Command of the English language and ability to clearly communicate to callers, visitors, patients and staff.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Operate basic office equipment, keyboard, fax, copier.
- Must be able to work under steady pressure with diverse stimuli and constant patient contact.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Strong interpersonal skills Personal Characteristics
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES/EQUIPMENT OPERATED: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those required for any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: This position interacts directly with the public and with professional, as well as support staff.Minimum Education and Experience