Sustainable Resource Management / SRM Energy
Sustainable Resource Management is currently seeking a Relief Assistant Plant Operator who will monitor and operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment from the field to maintain safe, efficient, and continuous plant operations. The Shasta facility is one of northern California’s largest wood-fired power plants. The facility provides dependable, environmentally safe disposal of wood waste and forest residue from Shasta County and surrounding areas, while generating clean electricity for sale to the local utility.
- Assists the Plant Operator in the daily operation and maintenance of the plant from the field. Assists the Plant Operator in the control room.
- Relieves the Plant Operator of control room operations when assigned.
- Operates boilers and auxiliary plant equipment locally throughout the plant, making necessary adjustments to maintain safety and efficiency.
- Follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards, and reports them to the Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, neat, and orderly condition at all times.
- Makes rounds and checks condition of designated plan equipment and records operational data on log sheets.
- Assists and instructs Utility and Assistant Utility Operators as necessary to ensure the proper completion of their work assignments.
- Completes the Corporate and Plant Training programs within the time frame prescribed by the Plant Training Coordinator.
- Completes required operations activities relative to lockout/tagout procedures, usually consisting of the placement of tags and locks.
- Recognizes and mitigates operating difficulties and adapts to changing plant conditions with regard to maximizing plant safety and efficiency, and minimizing down time.
- Work hours vary constantly. Works overtime.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent is desirable.
- 2 years working in a power plant operation or 3 years related experience.
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform varied mechanical tasks such as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking and equipment inspections.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a steam generating power plant.
All applications may be submitted to:
Sustainable Resource Management
20811 Industry Rd. Anderson, CA 96007