Property Management Assistant
• To provide support to the Resident Manager of Brickyard Creek Apartments, and the Property Management Department.
• To consistently adhere to all regulations and maintain compliance for property.
Under guidance of the Resident Manager:
• Assist with maintaining all tenant files and related documents in well-organized, approved order.
• Uphold subsidy program regulations, while adhering to statutory regulations and deadlines.
• Strictly adhere to Fair Housing regulations and procedures.
• Receive and process applications.
• Maintain and regularly update applicant waiting lists.
• Schedule appointments for certifications, re-certification, and inspections.
• Complete certification, re-certification and inspection procedures on all residents.
• Perform initial and ongoing occupancy orientation with all new residents, especially regarding House Rules.
• Perform and or assist with the move-in and subsequent inspections in a timely manner.
• Organize and file paperwork. Scan invoices to accounting.
• Enter and close work orders into the computer system.
• Assist with serving 3-day notices to pay rent or quit and 30 day/ 60 day notices to vacate. Receive notices from and inform departing residents of their rights and responsibilities upon termination of tenancy.
• Any other duties that are assigned by the Resident Manager or Regional Manager.
• Assist the Resident Manager with receiving, documenting, and appropriately responding to all requests for maintenance, complaints, and problem situations.
• Assist the Resident Manager to ensure that the grounds, common areas, and laundry room are monitored daily for litter. Assist with cleaning the Community room, laundry room and emptying of all trash containers.
• Assist with the provision of resident services for the tenants.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Always represent the company in a professional manner.
• Courteous, tactful, diplomatic, and appropriate in interactions with coworkers, tenants, and vendors, demonstrating acceptance of cultural diversity and the economic and social situations of low-income families.
• Must be well organized, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision to prioritize, juggle, and complete tasks in timely manner.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Computer literate in Word and Excel. Ability to access and efficiently utilize online data systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
• High school education or equivalent.
• Must become knowledgeable in the use of web-based programs such as Bostonpost.
• Must have reliable vehicle, current valid California Driver’s license and be insurable under the criteria established by CHIP’s general liability carrier. Must provide current proof of insurance at the levels specified by the CHIP travel policy.