Specialized Residential Services
Red Bluff, CA
Full Benefit Package / $14.00 starting wage
Play a vital role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Provides direct supervision, support and training to adults with disabilities receiving services from NVS.
- Works under the supervision of the Site Supervisor/Administrator as directed by the Director of Residential Services.
- Is responsible to supervise individuals with disabilities.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Current California driver’s license, with an acceptable DMV printout and insurability, minimum of a 3 year driving history.
- All personnel must meet the requirements of Title 22 and title 17
- Ability to pass a DOJ criminal background check.
- Ability to pass CPR and First Aid course.
- Ability to be certified in all NVS intervention training including Pro-Act, Behavior Tools, PCM Practitioner Level 1 or 2.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all procedures, policies, and guidelines of North Valley Services.
- Provides direct supervision to clients and maintains daily assigned scheduled activities.
- Participates in assigned client scheduled activities.
- Collaborates and works efficiently with others.
- Implements Individual Service Plans (ISP) (teach skills and coping techniques).
- Provides support to clients in nutrition, cooking, menu planning and meal preparation.
- Assists with prescribed medications, which are self-administered.
- Recognition of early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance.
- Assists clients with personal care needs as required (i.e. toileting, showering, brushing teeth, etc.)
- Provides transportation services (buses and/or vans) and assist individuals on and off buses and vans as needed.
- Performs daily documentation according to program guidelines.
- Assists in behavioral situations as they arise.
- Participates in agency-sponsored trainings as required to meet mandated Continuing Education Unit requirements.
- Presents and maintains a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- May have prolonged sitting.
- May have prolonged use of computer.
- May have prolonged use of phone.
- May have prolonged driving.
- May have prolonged standing.
- May lift up to 30 pounds.
- May assist in lifting clients.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
- Ability to effectively implement individual client plans.
- Effectiveness of operations responsibilities.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others.
- Ability to present and maintain a positive image
Email North Valley Services at Stacia.Phillips@NorthValleyServices.org or apply in person at 11799 HWY 99W, Red Bluff, CA 96080Minimum Education and Experience