Job Title: Resource and Referral Coordinator
FSLA Job Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Front-line Supervisor
Starting Salary: $17.75 – $21.56 per hour, DOE
Category: Regular, Full-time
1. Mission of the Alliance for Workforce Development Inc. (AFWD):
AFWD is a regional nonprofit providing workforce development and human resource services; dedicated to enhancing the quality of life throughout our communities, by assisting businesses, organizations, and job seekers with their pathways to success.
2. Scope and Range of Responsibility: Under the direction of the Front-line Supervisor, the incumbent will provide career services and support activities, directing customers to available services and partnering agencies. The incumbent will provide clients with job listings from various sources; internal job wall, CalJOBS, classified ads, employment agency listings, and internet sites. The incumbent will assist in the creation of resumes, typing tests, pre-employment screenings, and applications. In compliance with Federal, State, and Local rules, regulations, and guidelines, the incumbent will provide eligibility screening for various Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs, and other specialty grants, and assure all verification and documentation is accurate complete and retained in accordance with program requirements. The incumbent will assist in maintaining the Management Information System (MIS), computerized client tracking system, integrated job seeker and employer databases. In addition, the incumbent will assist with program orientations, group-paced computer training and job readiness workshops.
3. Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Supervisor, and approved policies and procedures, the Resource and Referral Coordinator is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
a) Provides America’s Job Center career services to customers
1) Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner; greet and assist customers with career services as well as referrals to various services and agencies within the AJCC.
2) Contributes in the delivery of career services to the AJCC customer. Provide information in relation to the menu of services offered through the AJCC to job seekers; resume writing, interview assistance, job readiness and computer software workshops.
3) Submits job seekers’ applications, resumes, and other documentation to employers as provided by the client.
4) Other duties as assigned.
b) Collects job seeker referrals and program data
1) Coordinates with the Program Manager regarding eligibility documentation and requirements.
2) Maintains filing systems, including integrated job ready candidate pool and available employer databases.
3) Supports staff in maintaining client-tracking forms and assists with follow- up activities.
4) Assists job seekers with completion of documentation into the states CalJOBS system.
5) Other duties as assigned.
c) Actively participates as a team, working collaboratively to meet objectives and solve problems
1) Organizes and prioritizes job duties to meet objectives.
2) Attends staff meetings and other meetings as required.
3) Assists with facilitation of client workshops.
4) Answers incoming calls in a positive and professional manner.
5) Provide input, initiative, and embraces changes that will improve our systems and processes to best meet the workforce preparation needs of our communities.
6) Other duties as assigned.
d) Provides outreach and orientation to program participants
1) Participate in AJCC orientations providing information related to eligibility for WIOA programs and services under all funding titles. Assists in conducting basic skills testing when appropriate.
2) Refer customers to other appropriate community resources available, including but not limited to, the Department of Health and Human Services, California Department of Rehabilitation, Employment Development Department (EDD), Regional Occupational Program (ROP), Experience Works, Public Health, etc.
3) Provide assistance to the Program Manager, Business Service Representatives, and/or other program department heads to meet contract obligations.
4) Provide general education of Nevada County social services and assist with the on-line application process on Nevada County’s C4 system.
5) Other duties as assigned.
4. Essential Functions:
a. Exercise good judgment in analyzing and solving problems.
b. Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
c. Must be able to meet deadlines and produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
d. Ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics software.
e. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate and/or instruct in a group-paced setting.
f. Must be able to work in a participative team setting and have strong facilitation skills.
g. Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and a professional demeanor are all essential.
h. Must maintain a professional appearance, as compared to executive level employees in both the public and private sector.
i. Daily travel, with little or no notice. Travel overnight, with notice.
j. Operate a motor vehicle or arrange transportation to accomplish duties.
k. Lift 25 lbs., to waist height, turning, twisting and transporting same.
l. Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
5. Minimum Qualifications:
a. High school diploma or equivalent.
b. Two years of clerical, or related, college level study, or two years of clerical and administrative assistant experience.
c. Work is normally performed in an office setting; but the incumbent will be required to travel in/out of town for training, meetings and to provide on-site program assistance; therefore, must be able to travel to perform duties. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
6. Other Position Requirements: Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment. Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $17.75 to $21.56
FOR MORE INFO &TO APPLY VISIT: www.afwdcareers.comMinimum Education and Experience