1) Scope and Range of Responsibility: The Resource Coordinator will provide career exploration services to individuals looking for employment or retraining. The incumbent will work to evaluate a client’s background, training, and education in order to help the client develop realistic career goals as well. The Resource Coordinator will job develop with local businesses to provide employment opportunities for clients. The incumbent will answer general questions regarding the operation of AFWD and partner agencies. As appropriate, refer clients to the EDD, Adult Education, or other appropriate partners to meet the needs of job seekers and businesses.
2) Organizational Structure: The Resource Coordinator’s immediate supervisor is the Program Supervisor, who is responsible for WIOA programs throughout AFWD’s service area. The Program Supervisor’s immediate supervisor is the Program Director. The Program Supervisor will provide direction, supervise the quality of work, manage the quantity of work, and provide training and evaluation of the incumbent’s position responsibilities.
3) Mission Elements of the Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.: AFWD is a regional nonprofit providing workforce development and human resource services; dedicated to enhancing the quality of life through its communities, by assisting businesses, organizations and job seekers with their pathways to success. Shared values include Service, Integrity, Collaboration and People. See www.afwd.org.
4) Position Responsibilities: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. The incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities:
a) Program and Services Duties
1) Participate in AJCC orientations providing information related to eligibility for WIOA programs and services under all funding titles. Outreach to businesses regarding WIOA programs and services.
2) Refer customers to other appropriate community resources available.
3) Participate as a member of the integrated Rapid Response team for closures. Assists with Rapid Response activities and peak eligibility demands.
4) Provide assistance to the Program Supervisor in relation to other programs and contract obligations. As assigned, the incumbent will provide—
i. Recruitment assistance to identify eligible participants.
ii. Assistance with program orientations, administering assessment instruments (not to include interpretation or counseling), preparation of material for program start- up and operation, and collecting and reporting program data.
iii. Provide input, initiate, and embrace changes that will continually improve our systems and processes to best meet the workforce preparation needs of our communities.
b) Collect Management Information System (MIS) and other program data.
1) Responsible for county MIS accuracy and the production of various reports.
2) Maintains county files and updated file systems, including integrated job ready candidate pool and available employer data bases.
3) Coordinates with the Program Supervisor regarding eligibility and MIS issues meeting multi-county MIS requirements.
4) Maintain client-tracking forms. Coordinate all program follow-ups.
5) Collect, prepare presentation graphics, and report performance management and program accountability measures relating to workforce development systems.
c) Provides assistance to AJCC customers (job seekers and businesses), and determine program eligibility with a high degree of precision and accuracy.
1) Use good time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to balance direct external customer service responsibilities with other internal customer service responsibilities, while coordinating activities with management
2) Professional and in a customer-focused manner, greet and assist customers with self-service and core services as well as referrals to various services and agencies within the AJCC.
3) Assist in the delivery of universal and core services to the AJCC customer. Provide information in relation to the menu of services offered through the AJCC to job seekers and employers.
4) Responsible for program eligibility for those individuals in need of WIOA Services, conducting eligibility interviews, collecting all necessary and supporting documentation, and determining program eligibility without error. Meet eligibility deadlines established by management and required by NoRTEC contract objectives.
5) Acquire specific program knowledge from reading, understanding and interpreting Federal rules and regulations, NoRTEC requirements, Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (AFWD’s SOPs), and related documentation; then, apply this knowledge to assist with WIOA program implementation and comply with all regulations.
6) Other duties as assigned.
5. Essential Functions
a) Be self-motivated
b) Organize, prioritize, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
c) Maintain current knowledge of policies of the AJCC, AFWD programs and operations, programs administered by partner organizations and other resources available to the public, to facilitate initial client referral
d) Maintain current specific program knowledge, including WIOA eligibility requirements, from reading, understanding and interpreting Federal rules and regulations, Standard Operating Policies and Procedures, and related documentation; then, apply this knowledge to assist with program implementation and execution.
e) Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training, meetings and to provide on-site program assistance; therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle or arrange for travel to perform duties.
f) Travel with notice overnight. Weather and related road conditions must be considered when travel is required.
g) Lift 25 lbs., to waist height, turning twisting and transporting it.
h) Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
i) Exercise good judgement in analyzing and solving problems.
j) Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
k) Must be able to produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
l) Must be able to work effectively as a member of a multi-functional services team.
m) Ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database (Access) and presentation graphics software.
n) Ability to type, accurately, 35 wpm.
o) Maintain a professional appearance, consistent with private and public sector middle- level staff.
a) High school diploma or equivalent.
b) Two years of clerical, or related, college level study, or two years of clerical and administrative assistant experience.
c) 3 years business development, recruitment and/or sales experience is desired. An AA degree may be substituted for 1 year of this required experience.
d) Within 12 months of hire, must obtain NoRTEC required Case Management and Human Resources Certificate(s).
e) Other personal competencies required include: Teamwork/Organizational Commitment, Leadership, Decision-Making Ability, Communication Skills (oral and written), Initiative/Innovation, Flexibility, and Public Speaking and Meeting Facilitation Skills.
f) Other: Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a DOJ background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment. Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: For more info & to apply visit: https://afwdcareers.com/Minimum Education and Experience