Provide friendly, courteous and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including set up and general cleaning.
- Serve food and beverage items in a timely and efficient manner, upholding a high standard of quality
- Providing unique guest experience by displaying strong menu and product knowledge
- Clear tables, trays and return all equipment to respective areas.
- Retrieve all reusable food items and place in respective areas.
- Ensure serve corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner.
- Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens.
- Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately and proper safety procedures are followed.
- Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all food and equipment.
- All other duties assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possible for one (1) hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- General craft spirit, beer, wine and food knowledge
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of table and bar service.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminals.
- Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations.
High school completion or an equivalent level of education required.
One to three years food service experience preferred.
Micros POS experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Minimum Education and Experience