The RNA works within the scope of the RN license and under the direction of the DON, in her/his absence she/he is ultimately accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer. The R.N.A. provides direct and indirect resident care and assists residents with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comfort and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group or residents. The R.N.A works closely with the Physical and Occupational Therapists, and is trained to participate in the course of treatment prescribed by the therapists.
Work hours: Day shift; 5-8 hours per week
- Responsible for comprehensive handling and caring for patients in a manner conducive to their health, safety and comfort.
- Makes rounds with outgoing shifts; knows whereabouts of assigned residents.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shifts to ensure the unit is left in good condition.
- Adheres to polices and procedures of the facility and Department of Nursing.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit.
Job Status: Full Time