Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are two hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated and experienced FNP or PA-C to provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing by providing expertise in our Portola Medical Clinic.
The RN or LVN assesses, plans, and implements the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting. Responsible for ensuring continuing of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct patient care as well as supervising the care given by the C.N.A.s and supportive staff members. The RN/LVN participates in resident and family teaching while maintaining a role as resident advocate with focus on the facility’s mission.
- Assesses the residents on admission and on a weekly basis as well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately including Minimum Data Sets.
- Assesses the resident’s condition and nursing needs, prescribes appropriate nursing action.
- Ability to assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Documents changes in resident’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in resident’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Notes and carries out physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Follows and updates the resident’s care, writes weekly summaries on assigned residents, reviews the monthly MAR/Physician orders for correctness, completes monthly information necessary for billing, completes the monthly assessment of sedatives/hypnotics, and psychotropic medications, completes the assigned section of the MDS when due, and participates in the quarterly care conference when able.
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift informing them of all changes in condition and follow-up as needed.
- Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, residents or family regarding residents concerns.
- Implements plan of care of the resident based on assessments and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity.
- Supervises other members of the healthcare team as needed to accomplish the plan of care which has been developed.
- Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills according to the scope of practice for LVNs/RNs.
- Function as a resident advocate by protecting the resident’s rights.
- Administers medications using the five “rights” and performs treatments safely.
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at situation in new and innovative ways. Will learn basic computer skills.
- Interacts with residents, families, co-workers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and assists in performance evaluation when needed.
- Follows proper infection prevention procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection prevention procedures.
- Attends in-service training programs related to the job. Attends 100% of Licensed Staff Meetings yearly.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvements activities.
- Keeps in confidence any information learned concerning patients and hospital personnel.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean, Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Wears identification while on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EOE
About Eastern Plumas Healthcare