ROAD EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
District 5, Ravendale Area
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$16.71 – $20.11 per hour, plus benefits package
Open until filled
Duties and Responsibilities
The Road Equipment Operator performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the construction and maintenance of the County road system. The major duties of the job include:
- Perform maintenance, repair, construction and installation on the County road system and participate in installation of traffic control signs and striping, as necessary
- Operate a wide variety of road construction and road maintenance equipment with a high degree of skill.
- Perform repaving, patching, overlaying, chuck hole and crack sealing repair of asphalt.
- Layout and install traffic signs and pavement markings.
- Participate in snow removal activities including operating snow plows, graders and snow blowers.
- Participate in other public works related duties including but not limited to brush removal, sign and bridge repair and drainage control.
- Make minor adjustments on service equipment; maintain tools and equipment in working order.
- Maintain logs of daily activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized courses in heavy road maintenance
Experience: Two years of experience performing duties equivalent to Road Maintenance Worker in Lassen County.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Class A Driver’s License with Tank Vehicle and Hazardous Material endorsement, and shall, through the duration of their employment with Lassen County, maintain said license and endorsement.
- Selected applicants must submit to pre-employment drug testing.
- Employees will be subject to reasonable cause, post-accident, random, return-to-duty and follow-up drug testing.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in interviews.
How to Apply
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. Obtain a Lassen County application from the Personnel Office at the address listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org . Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department ( (530) 251 -8320 (
221 South Roop Street Ste. 3
Susanville, California 96130 Opened August 9, 2018
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States. A thorough background investigation will be conducted. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
Lassen County requires a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening for this safety sensitive position.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.
Obtain a Lassen County application from the Personnel Office at the address listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org