Ensure all public areas are clean and maintained according to the standards of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning duties in public areas, storage areas and administrative areas.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and fitness center.
- Perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, emptying carts of soiled linens, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash, insects and debris and emptying ashtrays
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects such as power washing sidewalks, blowing leaves, picking up trash and debris around the property, removing bubble gum from sidewalks, etc.
- Clean public restrooms and ensure maintenance throughout the shift.
- Supply own cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for shift.
- Dust furniture and fixtures.
- Polish metalwork and furniture.
- Vacuum floors.
- Remove and dispose of trash.
- Clean outside areas including porte cochere and other arrival areas.
- Ensure staff member break areas and administrative offices are clean and well maintained.
- Ensure work areas are clean when finished.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel and answer to guests inquiries and requests.
- Assist in delivering guest requests and in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
- All other duties assigned by managers and supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and indirect Supervisors.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
High school or equivalent education required.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Minimum Education and Experience